DO student withdrawing from AOA and going ACGME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

retro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a question for the fellow DO applicants participating in NRMP match. Did I have to let the programs know that I would be withdrawing from the NMS match? Also, I found out yesterday that in MyEras --> Application --> Personal Info --> Match info, I said "yes" I plan to participate in NMS and forgot to switch it to "no." I initially applied to both sides and later decided to withdraw from NMS, and I forgot to change that section of ERAS until yesterday. Does this even matter? Or will the programs be like "oh this guy participated in NMS, didn't match, and is using the NRMP match as a back up" and not consider me seriously?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
I have a question for the fellow DO applicants participating in NRMP match. Did I have to let the programs know that I would be withdrawing from the NMS match? Also, I found out yesterday that in MyEras --> Application --> Personal Info --> Match info, I said "yes" I plan to participate in NMS and forgot to switch it to "no." I initially applied to both sides and later decided to withdraw from NMS, and I forgot to change that section of ERAS until yesterday. Does this even matter? Or will the programs be like "oh this guy participated in NMS, didn't match, and is using the NRMP match as a back up" and not consider me seriously?
but isn't the AOA match done? how can you withdraw after the fact?

Reactions: 1 users
you withdrew from the AOA match through the NMS site, therefore your name is still in the NRMP pool regardless of what you had provided on ERAS. you are fine.

Reactions: 1 user