Do we need CPR certification for application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cg11092

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-
I know some schools require you to be CPR certified before applying. The schools I'm applying to do not, but I was wondering, wouldn't be a good thing to add to your application even if it isn't required? And if so, which CPR class would I take… there adult/pediatric CPR courses and then there are just adult CPR courses. Likewise, there are ones for lay responders and ones for professional rescuers. I know licensed PTs would need to have the professional rescuer CPR certification, but as an applicant do I need that one?

I would love to hear from anyone who got CPR certified for their applications! I'm not sure what to do, and I definitely want to get this completed before the July 1 opening of the application. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not unless specified. But you will need it before matriculation or before Clin Ed I.

Reactions: 1 user
No sense getting it now. Different schools have different requirements and that could change the amount you have to pay for a class. Plus you have to renew every 2 yrs. So if you're doing it only for school purposes, I would wait until the school tells you what they want.

If you want it to help save lives, then get it whenever.

Azimuthal is 100% right. If you have time you mine as well do it now. Also my school recommended the professional rescuer course.