DO?? Will I get in? Or should I go to Carib? 2.88sGPA/3.154cGPA/32MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swtkuri42

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I know the obvious answer to this question: DO vs Carib is DO! Trust me, I know, I would rather go to DO school as well, but I am slightly worried about my application

My MCAT is a 32 (which is something I'm not too worried about)
My sGPA, however, is 2.88 and cGPA 3.154. I know some schools pre-screen and would cut me off.
My main issue, however, are the grades I received in some science classes
I received quite a handful of Cs throughout college, and received a D- on my transcript during my last semester of college
total of 4C's from chemistry (including 2C's from both Ochem classes)
and 4 C'S AND 1 D- from bio courses
I have mostly Bs otherwise and a handful of A's.

Do you think this is going adversely affect my admisisons to osteopathic schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I feel like you can get into some DO schools bc your Mcat is pretty good. I would recommend you boost up your science GPA to maybe at least a 3.0?? Take another bio class?

I havent taken my Mcat yet but im at a 3.5 college gpa and a 3.0 science gpa still trying to boost it..hope i get in too. hope this help

Yes. Why do you think you'll magically handle a medcial school curriculum which is 3-5x harder than any UG program?

In additon, discordant performances on MCAT vs GPAs are usually a sign of worry to us.

Suggest re-taking all F/D/C science coursework to boost your GPA, and more importantly, demonstrate to AdComs you can handle medical school.

You can do better than carib diploma mills.

Do you think this is going adversely affect my admisisons to osteopathic schools?[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!
I know the obvious answer to this question: DO vs Carib is DO! Trust me, I know, I would rather go to DO school as well, but I am slightly worried about my application

My sGPA, however, is 2.88 and cGPA 3.154. I know some schools pre-screen and would cut me off.
I received quite a handful of Cs throughout college, and received a D- on my transcript during my last semester of college

Do you think this is going adversely affect my admisisons to osteopathic schools?

Definitely retake the D- you have in that bio course. With AACOMAS's grade replacement, that will help, as well as retaking those C's (or at least some of them). That should bump your GPA above 3.0, and open more doors for you. Basically, when you look at your transcript, all your Chemistry and a bio course, you didn't do so well on.....that'll be a red flag. If you can show them that you CAN do well, it should redeem you a bit!

retake your D and C science grades and get A's until you can get your science GPA over 3.0 and then apply DO

do not go carribean, if you can get a 32 you can do better than carribean

Hi everyone!

I think you should be fine for this year. Apply to: ACOM, Touro-NY, LMU, AZCOM, KCOM, SOMA, LECOM-E, LECOM-B, WVSOM, PNWU, WCU, and LUCOM.

I think you should be fine for this year. Apply to: ACOM, Touro-NY, LMU, AZCOM, KCOM, SOMA, LECOM-E, LECOM-B, WVSOM, PNWU, WCU, and LUCOM.

Glad you are back user3... Everyone was asking why you account was on hold.