Do you guys have cars on campus or not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

most of you guys have cars on campus? How you guys get to your hospitals or off campus commitments like volunteering and etc? Taxi? Bus?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a car but luckily my University is about a 5-20 minute walk away from some very big and well known hospitals in my state which I volunteer at

Reactions: 1 user
most of you guys have cars on campus? How you guys get to your hospitals or off campus commitments like volunteering and etc? Taxi? Bus?
Car. It's pretty hard to get around in SoCal without a car unless your commitments are walking distance from your school

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a car, but luckily campus is walking distance and the main hospital in my college town, which I shadow and volunteer at, is right across the street from my house. Got that prime location.

What about taxi service?
They're pretty rare here and cars are just cheaper to own. You'd have to call a taxi by phone if you wanted one. A lot of people here do use uber/lyft, but cars are still cheaper, and parking is relatively easy to find, even in downtown areas

Virtually everyone in my class owns a car (at least a cheap beater). Those that don't live within walking distance of the hospital.

I live off campus in a more rural area so I have a car, mainly so I can go to the supermarket for my groceries. We have a fairly decent bus system here, especially if you don't need to buy food, but it's definitely more convenient for me to drive to my two volunteering activities. They are by bus stops. The closest hospital here would probably require a car, but I did my clinical job at a nursing home back home so I didn't chose to volunteer there.

When I'm going to campus during the week I usually take the bus though - campus parking is ridiculously expensive, but at least it's free on the weekends.

I live off campus in a more rural area so I have a car, mainly so I can go to the supermarket for my groceries. We have a fairly decent bus system here, especially if you don't need to buy food, but it's definitely more convenient for me to drive to my two volunteering activities. They are by bus stops. The closest hospital here would probably require a car, but I did my clinical job at a nursing home back home so I didn't chose to volunteer there.

When I'm going to campus during the week I usually take the bus though - campus parking is ridiculously expensive, but at least it's free on the weekends.
What would the kids at your school who didn't have car to do to get to their important places?

What would the kids at your school who didn't have car to do to get to their important places?

You can get pretty much anywhere by bus, they just aren't the most convenient option. There are buses to the supermarket, CVS, to a small mall near a Target and Walmart and other stores. The buses run into the center of town as well, but you could totally walk there as well. It's pretty easy to get to the two places I volunteer at by bus. I also looked it up, and there is a bus stop somewhat near the hospital.

To be honest, most premeds here don't seem to volunteer at that hospital. People either volunteer at local nursing homes/assisted living homes or work as EMTs/CNAs over the summer and/or during the school year.

I have a bike but I can't take it into the main campus. I need to keep it outside the campus. Because no car is allowed on the main campus.