Do you have to include email and phone # for a contact activity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluestrawberries

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are they more likely to contact them if they have an email address as contact? Sometimes people can be hard to reached through phone #. Does it raise questions if you only list either the phone # or the email? Is it more confirmation of hours or a brief reference?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think it's super important that you put both. From what I read they receive too many applications that have too many activities listed to check every single thing. I've heard that there are random spot checks and sometimes they might contact someone if your hours/activity seems farfetched. List what you can but don't sweat it (unless you're lying about something ;P)

Are they more likely to contact them if they have an email address as contact? Sometimes people can be hard to reached through phone #. Does it raise questions if you only list either the phone # or the email? Is it more confirmation of hours or a brief reference?

Thank you.
Listing one is sufficient and raises no questions. For Hobbies, neither is required.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Listing one is sufficient and raises no questions. For Hobbies, neither is required.

Thank you. Is the AMCAS contact info for a brief reference or merely a confirmation of hours? I have a good relationship with them some, don't know some of the others and one time this one volunteer coordinator got annoyed with me once because of something that had happened (I messed up on something) so I'm hoping it wouldn't affect me too much if she were contacted. Do you think I have a reason to worry?

Thank you. Is the AMCAS contact info for a brief reference or merely a confirmation of hours? I have a good relationship with them some, don't know some of the others and one time this one volunteer coordinator got annoyed with me once because of something that had happened (I messed up on something) so I'm hoping it wouldn't affect me too much if she were contacted. Do you think I have a reason to worry?

I'm only at one school but in my experience it is very unlikely for us to check more than 3 of those experiences in an entire cycle with thousands of applications and hundreds of interviewees. And they only get checked if the interview is so wonky that someone on the committee has real doubts about whether the applicant ever did what was written on the application.

Is the AMCAS contact info for a brief reference or merely a confirmation of hours? I have a good relationship with them some, don't know some of the others and one time this one volunteer coordinator got annoyed with me once because of something that had happened (I messed up on something) so I'm hoping it wouldn't affect me too much if she were contacted. Do you think I have a reason to worry?
The purpose of a contact is not to request a reference. Confirmation of time frame of involvement and hours is the information desired. So I don't think you need to worry.

Is the AMCAS contact info for a brief reference or merely a confirmation of hours? I have a good relationship with them some, don't know some of the others and one time this one volunteer coordinator got annoyed with me once because of something that had happened (I messed up on something) so I'm hoping it wouldn't affect me too much if she were contacted. Do you think I have a reason to worry?
Too many applications ... and too little time.

Rarely check unless something seems to be really (and I mean really) questionable.

But you never know ... so it is advisable to not fib, nor tempt the "tiger" in us to pounce on your contact info! :)

I'm only at one school but in my experience it is very unlikely for us to check more than 3 of those experiences in an entire cycle with thousands of applications and hundreds of interviewees. And they only get checked if the interview is so wonky that someone on the committee has real doubts about whether the applicant ever did what was written on the application.

The purpose of a contact is not to request a reference. Confirmation of time frame of involvement and hours is the information desired. So I don't think you need to worry.

Too many applications ... and too little time.

Rarely check unless something seems to be really (and I mean really) questionable.

But you never know ... so it is advisable to not fib, nor tempt the "tiger" in us to pounce on your contact info! :)

Thank you, I feel better now! Everything would be accurate, I was just worried there for a second in case they were to call one of the coordinators because of that one incident where she got annoyed with me.