MA/MS Do you know of any paid masters programs in clinical psych?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arock

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having some difficulty finding paid masters programs in clinical psychology. If you know of any, please post here. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Having some difficulty finding paid masters programs in clinical psychology. If you know of any, please post here. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for programs that pay you a stipend? Or programs that offer tuition remission? Or both?

I also don't know of any masters programs in clinical psych that do this, particularly because a masters of clinical psychology is not typically a terminal degree. I can think of some terminal masters programs in MFT, for example, that do offer some funding or support options for students.

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for programs that pay you a stipend? Or programs that offer tuition remission? Or both?

I also don't know of any masters programs in clinical psych that do this, particularly because a masters of clinical psychology is not typically a terminal degree. I can think of some terminal masters programs in MFT, for example, that do offer some funding or support options for students.

These programs are rare, but do exist (e.g., wake forest). I am looking for tuition waiver and stipend.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Penn State system has some competitive awards that include MA tuition waivers and a small stipend each semester (http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/graduate-funding/fellowships/programs/minority/).

With the caveat that this is based on info over 5 years ago, my understanding is an incoming MA student in the Applied Clinical Psych program at the Harrisburg campus is offered one each year.

There are some clinical psych programs out there (at least, there were a few years ago- see PM for the couple I'm aware of) that offer a stipend plus full tuition waiver. I do not believe that wake forest is a 'clinical' masters despite being tailored towards getting folks into clinical PhD programs. At least, it wasn't years back.

Last edited:
These programs are rare, but do exist (e.g., wake forest). I am looking for tuition waiver and stipend.

I don't think wake forest actually offers a masters in clinical psychology?

I'm curious to see others responses, but I can't think of any terminal masters programs in clinical psychology that offer fully funded positions to all incoming students. The clinical psych master programs I'm familiar with often charge tuition to most students and may have some funding available for a select students on an individual scholarship basis. Sometimes this is available through the graduate school rather than the individual department. So I was just trying to get a sense of what you were interested in finding.

I don't think wake forest actually offers a masters in clinical psychology?

I'm curious to see others responses, but I can't think of any terminal masters programs in clinical psychology that offer fully funded positions to all incoming students. The clinical psych master programs I'm familiar with often charge tuition to most students and may have some funding available for a select students on an individual scholarship basis. Sometimes this is available through the graduate school rather than the individual department. So I was just trying to get a sense of what you were interested in finding.

I take it back! Just did a quick google search and found a funded program at Ball State!

http://cms.bsu.edu/academics/colleg...ology/academicprograms/mastersdeg/clinicalpsy

Thank you all for your replies.
Eastern Michigan also looks good.