Do you think I have a good chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matrix570

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok...here is my situation and please tell me if it's worth the try to apply to dental school.

I had to attend community college during 2001-2004 to complete ESL and high-school level courses. I was embarassed with my poor english skill and my mother had a breast cancer during 2002-2004. So I really couldn't take heavy course load.

I transfered to 4-year university in 2004 and I finished most of my courses last year (2007-2008).

From university, I have Science GPA of 3.69 and Overall GPA of 3.73.

But during my university years, Out of 8 terms(=half the year), I had two terms of 3 courses, four terms of 4 courses, and last two terms of 5 courses.

And right now(2008-2009), I'm taking only one full-year physiology course because that's the only course remaining to fulfill my graduation requirement. I also had to work part time to pay off my student loans and study for DAT.

And I have two W's during my community college (2001-2004), and another two W's from university during 2004-2008.

Do you think I should apply anyway? or do I have a low chance to get in? I can't really focus on studying DAT nowadays because of this huge amount of worries and stress.

Please tell me your honest opinions..
thanks

oh I almost forgot...HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

^ IMO with having good score in DAT, in the same time beigng full time in school that shows you can handle though courses in Dental school, you are not going to have problem. good luck