Do your legs hurt after standing for 8 hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I love operating-thetan

Members don't see this ad.

After a recent knee injury, I've developed arthritis. Started walking way too early after the injury and was compensating by putting more force on one leg. Now that leg hurts just as much as the other one. The muscles surrounding the knee are always aching.

I don't mind walking around for 8 hours, what I can't stand is standing in one place.

don't you get a lunch break? i would probably use that time to sit for a while when i eat.

and at a retail pharmacy i shadowed, the techs and pharmacists there were efficient and fast, so they had time to sit and relax while there were no customers. does that still happen?

Members don't see this ad :)
don't you get a lunch break? I would probably use that time to sit for a while when i eat.

And at a retail pharmacy i shadowed, the techs and pharmacists there were efficient and fast, so they had time to sit and relax while there were no customers. Does that still happen?

Good one! It's like the old picture hunt in the back of Highlights magazine...find three things in this post that don't belong!

don't you get a lunch break? i would probably use that time to sit for a while when i eat.

and at a retail pharmacy i shadowed, the techs and pharmacists there were efficient and fast, so they had time to sit and relax while there were no customers. does that still happen?

Yes, I get a lunch break. I drive to the car wash, get my weekly car wash, get some food, come back for the last 2-3 hours of the shift.

We only have 1 stool with like a small back support on the back that sucks. I'd rather have a few executive chairs. And our pharmacy is small the way that it is set-up, so using the chair makes the space more crowded. And when there are no customers, I'm doing PCI calls. Today was so busy, I was only able to make 1 call to every person on the PCI list.

I'm a runner, I excercise and bike a lot and I'm a mural painter-so I paint large scale murals and haul heavy stuff AND I'm a cashier. Standing for 8 hours at the co-op is painful for my feet. so suck it dude who told us to build lower body. my lower body muscles will crush you

I agree. I've been a gymnast and cheerleader for 15 years, I've worked 12 hour shifts as a waitress with NO breaks (just sneaking food and water every fleeting chance I get), and I'm very small and my legs and feet STILL hurt after being on them for 6-8 hours. So that guy was just rude. lol

I like to compare it to how you feel after spending a day walking around Disney World... lol