Doctor hijabi muslim students in Germany??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lajlachicha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I would like to go to Germany and finish my studies there, but I'm afraid it would be a problem because I'm a muslim hijabi girl. I would study well and everything, but I'm afraid I couldn't find any job as a student and later, as a doctor? Would it be a big problem there for me? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

It feels like half the physicians in metropolitan hospitals have a muslim background. No worries there. A headscarf might be frowned upon in the medical field, but you're legally entitled to wear it. You shouldnt bother without excellent German skills though.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I would like to go to Germany and finish my studies there, but I'm afraid it would be a problem because I'm a muslim hijabi girl. I would study well and everything, but I'm afraid I couldn't find any job as a student and later, as a doctor? Would it be a big problem there for me? Thank you :)

Hey dr... did you manage to go to germany??? where did you learn the language?? I have completed my MBBS and I wish to do my specialization over there?? Plz give me some advice concerning the procedures to apply over there..
P.S I am also a muslim

I am in Hungary, Semmelweis University, and my university is full of hijabi Muslim girls and I and others are great friends with them. Check out
if you are interested. I could talk about social issues and the respect if you guys want me to.
This is the first so forgive me for not making it really good. But back to your point, don't know about Germany, but here in Budapest, Hungary, you are all safe from any social issues :)