PhD/PsyD Doctoral transfer from India and Rutgers dual degree program (Psy.D./MPH)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhanumati

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am in USA on dependent visa. Have completed my Ph.D. in Psychology from India. We do not have much practical experiences as you all have in your grad school. I have also worked for Global fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria R-7 as capacity building officer. I am currently looking for an appropriate graduate/doctorate program to admit into. I was looking for dual degree program such as Psyd/MPH from rutgers state university. Can anybody tell its scope in job market. in other words, what kind of options one can have after completing this dual degree course.

Members don't see this ad.

That post needs to be split into a different thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
bhanumati, your situation sounds unique enough to warrant a request with Rutgers Graduate School office to speak with someone about how best to further your career. Also, if your visa is "dependent," then any U.S. university considering you as an applicant will be involved in extending your visa, so again...this would warrant a meeting with a graduate school counselor. When I applied to grad school (and I'm a US citizen), I met with graduate school counselors at approximately four different universities. Most people do not need to do this, but if you think your situation is unique enough, most universities welcome interest in their graduate school programs...and you make useful contacts along the way.

Rutgers is an excellent university with a highly-reputable PsyD, so no matter what your final goals, a degree from there would be beneficial and will only help you along your path.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks CG. I am actually looking to have meetings with counselors.

________
Bhanu