Doctors dating less educated women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, based on the general content on your posts and strange phobia of people's professions, it is not required to be an attending either.
you don't know me and you're already judging me on my personal opinion. Any intelligent person would not do that. Apparently you must have slipped through some cracks in life. Or maybe fellowships accept dumb people nowadays

you don't know me and you're already judging me on my personal opinion. Any intelligent person would not do that. Apparently you must have slipped through some cracks in life. Or maybe fellowships accept dumb people nowadays

People judge other people all the time based on their opinions and how they present said opinions. That is the way most of humanity interacts. I'm sorry that for whatever reason you have your head in the sand with regards to that fact.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
People judge other people all the time based on their opinions and how they present said opinions. That is the way most of humanity interacts. I'm sorry that for whatever reason you have your head in the sand with regards to that fact.
The world is full of *******es. But that is no excuse for being one. Maybe they can teach you that in fellowship

I

Umm

Could we chill out on the casual misogyny for like, just one minute?

Reactions: 2 users
The fact that this thread has not yet been closed shocks me.

yeah, "less educated" in it's literal sense is aboutu 99% of the population so most doctors end up with someone less educated

do doctors want someone who is a complete idiot (the implied question) comes with a "no"...

Was going to say this. My wife is less formally educated (Associate's Degree), but she's about as intelligent as anyone I went to college with, and could probably toe-to-toe intellectually with half my classmates. She's smarter than a lot of people I've met with more formal schooling. It's probably part of the reason it worked out. I guess I like her a little, too.

My superficiality doesn't extend to stuff like education. :)

I'm not a troll. I'm a real person, and I asked the question because I have the right to just like you have the right to write asinine statements!

LOL

I have a hard time with nurses just because of the power struggle, there's always that moment where one of you says, "I can't believe what the other profession did at work." And the other one is like, "I can! dingus!" But that's always a problem in adjacent fields dating and bringing work home, which everyone does to some extent at some point. I don't hear phlebotamists arguing what's right for the patient with me in the same vein as a nurse, no offense. And I know pairs of docs that can argue endlessly because neither really has the final word in a debate.

Most people want someone of similar intelligence, all education aside. That being said, I have a hard time with the non-science peeps (dated an English professor, definitely of my intelligence and education) because I can't stand the anti-vaxxer diet religion orthoexia "but coconut water cures colon cancer" **** that often comes up. I can't raise kids with someone who doesn't want the kids vaxxed for polio, and won't go for stroke prevention with ASA because "that's pills." I'm not signing up to potentially wiping your ass thinking this massive stroke might have been avoided.

And while we sit here and bitch about men dating less educated women, let's NOT start with how ****ing hard it is for a female doctor to birth/breastfeed kids in medicine let alone find a man outside medicine secure enough to consider himself her equal, let alone for her to feel the same way. And men don't like taking directions, remember, so I'll have a harder time getting along with any less educated man than you dude would have with a less educated woman. She'll be way more likely to take your advice on health than he will mine any day, my experience guarantees it.

Last edited:
You just need someone with good conflict resolution skills (assuming you have any) that shares your values, and one of them being Western views of science and medicine (assuming that's what you have and that's important to you), that you can talk to each other, they're OK if you can share your expertise on medicine and they can correct your grammar or you'll take their word on Japanese history if that's their thing and not yours.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to wonder how one of my colleagues was married to a carpenter, until I realized that not everyone is an elitist dingus. My mom an accountant married my dad a car mechanic. Turns out life is about more than your occupation. Get over yourself.

Reactions: 3 users
So find someone where you feel you have **** in common with similar intelligence and don't feel the need to **** on each other's knowledge base and it's fine. Or die alone because the less educated aren't good enough for you because the equally intelligent/educated know better than to put up with you.

Even assuming we're talking about dating going somewhere serious, if it's just dating good luck. Most people are pissed to date a resident/doctor, I know I'm pissed just being one myself. If you find the time to brag about being a doctor, a lot of people will be happy to just bang you, assuming you have the time to do that. Also, people are just happy to bang people anyway these days if the studies are right, so I'm not sure being a doctor gives you so much of an advantage for you to be worried about or pat yourself on the back for.

Last edited:
I always used to say one of the advantages of going into medicine was that I could buy myself a husband if I needed to. OK, totally horrible joke. But really, I liked the idea that if I fell in love with a starving artist keeping a roof over our heads wouldn't be a barrier. Aside from uber hippie anti-Western medicine-ers, I saw being physician as opening more dating doors than closing them.

If I meet someone like I've said above, that is right for me and a family, I'll be so glad to be able to financially support them making marble sculptures in the basement while supporting the kids pursuing their dreams of being a professional violinist or whatever other hard to earn a living profession is there passion. My family was too poor for me to pursue interests like ballet or piano as a kid. I was lucky my passion was medicine which is still a good way to secure I living, and I can use that to support the people I love doing what they love dollars aside. I think life is about more than money, but I'd like to earn the money that lets my husband/kids live like life is about more than money.

Dave Chappelle (now my spirit animal) came from a family of well-educated teachers, and when he talked to his dad about making it, he said "if I can make as much as you make in salary as a teacher as a comedian, than I'd say that was better." And his dad laughed and basically said in that case go for it. He also said, "name your price and if the cost goes higher walk away." Which is why Chappelle walked from a $50 million dollar deal with Comedy Central. So you gotta define making it and you gotta know life is more than money or school degrees. That's why it's so sad people that commit suicide in relation to their career in medicine is so sad. They didn't know the cost of their life was worth more than a career in medicine.

This thread seems to me a sign of some ****ed up life priorities.

Education level was an absolute requirement when I was a teenager. Funny how things change when you grow up.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, there is a certain amount of money that is an absolute requirement in life, funny how that isn't directly associated with education. I know people with law degrees flipping burgers and stripping, no joke. And people who didn't finish high school getting 6 figs.

Yay for growing up. Things change. It's a blessing and a curse.

Even assuming we're talking about dating going somewhere serious, if it's just dating good luck. Most people are pissed to date a resident/doctor, I know I'm pissed just being one myself. If you find the time to brag about being a doctor, a lot of people will be happy to just bang you, assuming you have the time to do that. Also, people are just happy to bang people anyway these days if the studies are right, so I'm not sure being a doctor gives you so much of an advantage for you to be worried about or pat yourself on the back for.

A lot of female med students and residents have problems coping with the fact that being a doctor doesn't make them anymore attractive to the opposite sex, unlike with male med students and doctors. and as far as your "buying a husband joke" if any guy said that here the feminist and white knights would rush into this thread asap. You might as well buy a sperm donor, because that's all a guy with no earning potential would be.

Last edited:
Education level was an absolute requirement when I was a teenager. Funny how things change when you grow up.

Right, women only come to their sense after they start to age, and realize they can't afford to be as picky as they originally thought.

You know, I was having a 3-way discussion with @MediCane2006 and @Kaustikos about people dating who are goal/career/educationally incompatible and we all agreed it was sort of a dumb idea.

Note that having goals and/or a career doesnt necessarily mean you completed a zillion years of schooling.

Reactions: 5 users
A lot of female med students and residents have problems coping with the fact that being a doctor doesn't make them anymore attractive to the opposite sex, unlike with male med students and doctors. and as far as your "buying a husband joke" if any guy said that here the feminist and white knights would rush into this thread asap. You might as well buy a sperm donor, because that's all a guy with no earning potential would be.

So not true, in my experience. Some probably have a hard time getting dates or being laid as a male doctor (or med student as your status claims, maybe you're not male) but as a female doctor I'm not bitching that it makes me less attractive to others for dating, just that sure, they're excited to sign on to date a doctor but as most people are, are a little disappointed at the reality of dating someone who has only one day off a week. So not much for romantic weekend getaways.

I wasn't remarking that being a female doctor made me appear to be less attractive to others, but just that it made it more difficult to find guys with not too little and not too much ego to hang. There's plenty of studies too about how in a heterosexual couple that there are challenges if the woman is the breadwinner.

And my "buying a husband joke" was actually explained and expanded to say that one of the benefits of a career in medicine is being financially independent and this appealed to me because it meant that as far as I was concerned the other person's income would not be a factor. If there's a male doc here who says one thing they like about their attending salary is supporting a family in pursuing whatever is fulfilling to them from a personal standpoint, making a contribution to society not just measured in dollar signs, I doubt the feminists or white knights would have much to say about that. Yeah, what makes my joke offensive is that it's a spin on the same offensive joke that men tell. But in any case what's offensive about "buying" someone is implying that having more money or power in some sense means that you are superior to them. Which is precisely what I am arguing against. Whatever, I know that using offensive humor can just go over the heads of people who are themselves offensive.

And maybe you think a man is only good for money or sperm, but that says more about what you think a man has to offer a family than the reality that men actually have a lot to offer a family in being present and being a father. You see, there's this magical thing that parents don't get paid hourly for, it's called spending time with their children, and men can do it too!!

As far as some dig that I just say I don't have to date someone with certain credentials being related to being single and aging with a click ticking, you have no idea. Maybe that's what under 30 docs engaged to science research professors at elite universities who have more life experiences than that and a more diverse circle of people they know come to conclude, in which case those sentiments have nothing to do with a clicking tock or inability to date someone "just as qualified" as they are.

Some people are very concerned about prestige, earning power, and the same in their partners, and that someone without a certain earning power is only good for breeding stock. Maybe they can find others who feel the same way and find happiness.

Myself and maybe a few others may find flaws in this kind of thinking, and share experience that people with those views can find others with those views, but that experience and even research studies indicate that there are actually better indicators for relationship compatibility, longevity, and fulfillment than job description.

You know, I was having a 3-way discussion with @MediCane2006 and @Kaustikos about people dating who are goal/career/educationally incompatible and we all agreed it was sort of a dumb idea.

Note that having goals and/or a career doesnt necessarily mean you completed a zillion years of schooling.

Agree.

I was harsh in my previous posts, but what you said is basically what it comes down to. Compatible intelligence and goals, education optional.

despite all the locker room jokes, you can't actually have sex 24/7.....sooner or later you will need to talk to them and introduce them to family and have them raise your kids

**** I was hoping not to :(

I'm not a troll. I'm a real person, and I asked the question because I have the right to just like you have the right to write asinine statements!

I think you're confusing a troll and a bot. Trolls are real people...well I guess some would view them as real people.

I hate this thread

Do male doctors typically date Certified Nursing Assistants, Certified Medical Assistants, phlebotomists or any woman with very little education beyond high school?
As a CMA, I'm offended :annoyed:

So not true, in my experience. Some probably have a hard time getting dates or being laid as a male doctor (or med student as your status claims, maybe you're not male) but as a female doctor I'm not bitching that it makes me less attractive to others for dating, just that sure, they're excited to sign on to date a doctor but as most people are, are a little disappointed at the reality of dating someone who has only one day off a week. So not much for romantic weekend getaways.

I wasn't remarking that being a female doctor made me appear to be less attractive to others, but just that it made it more difficult to find guys with not too little and not too much ego to hang. There's plenty of studies too about how in a heterosexual couple that there are challenges if the woman is the breadwinner.

And my "buying a husband joke" was actually explained and expanded to say that one of the benefits of a career in medicine is being financially independent and this appealed to me because it meant that as far as I was concerned the other person's income would not be a factor. If there's a male doc here who says one thing they like about their attending salary is supporting a family in pursuing whatever is fulfilling to them from a personal standpoint, making a contribution to society not just measured in dollar signs, I doubt the feminists or white knights would have much to say about that. Yeah, what makes my joke offensive is that it's a spin on the same offensive joke that men tell. But in any case what's offensive about "buying" someone is implying that having more money or power in some sense means that you are superior to them. Which is precisely what I am arguing against. Whatever, I know that using offensive humor can just go over the heads of people who are themselves offensive.

And maybe you think a man is only good for money or sperm, but that says more about what you think a man has to offer a family than the reality that men actually have a lot to offer a family in being present and being a father. You see, there's this magical thing that parents don't get paid hourly for, it's called spending time with their children, and men can do it too!!

As far as some dig that I just say I don't have to date someone with certain credentials being related to being single and aging with a click ticking, you have no idea. Maybe that's what under 30 docs engaged to science research professors at elite universities who have more life experiences than that and a more diverse circle of people they know come to conclude, in which case those sentiments have nothing to do with a clicking tock or inability to date someone "just as qualified" as they are.

Some people are very concerned about prestige, earning power, and the same in their partners, and that someone without a certain earning power is only good for breeding stock. Maybe they can find others who feel the same way and find happiness.

Myself and maybe a few others may find flaws in this kind of thinking, and share experience that people with those views can find others with those views, but that experience and even research studies indicate that there are actually better indicators for relationship compatibility, longevity, and fulfillment than job description.

I am starting to believe that Astrology plays a big role in attraction, I went to a clairvoyant and she made a chart of my ex-wife and my current girlfriend, she found serious conflicts between my ex and me, and she saw in a cosmic chart specific matters that split us apart without me telling her what caused my split with her, it was so spot on accurate it was scary. Then she made a chart of me and my current girlfriend, and our charts were much more in harmony, its was also amazingly accurate as to how well we get along in real life. She told me that out of every 100 people out there at least 40 people you are incompatible with based upon Astrology Synastry charts, my ex wife was one of those 40 people, and only about 10 out of 100 are really compatible with you, the type of person who is your soulmate, and my girlfriend is one of those 10. Go figure.

Also of note is my ex wife is Asian and I am Asian too, but we still fell apart in our marriage, and we had a lot of conflict, superficially we tried to keep it together but it came apart. My girlfriend is not Asian and is of a different cultural background. Yet Astrologically we are in complete harmony, so I believe the stars hold something for me and her.

Last edited:
Also of note is my ex wife is Asian and I am Asian too, but we still fell apart in our marriage, and we had a lot of conflict, superficially we tried to keep it together but it came apart. My girlfriend is not Asian and is of a different cultural background. Yet Astrologically we are in complete harmony, so I believe the stars hold something for me and her.
Maybe it's not race. Maybe it has something to do with personalities and values?
I think astrology is interesting but it's way too general (like the zodiac kind of thing) which makes them less convincing.

Maybe it's not race. Maybe it has something to do with personalities and values?
I think astrology is interesting but it's way too general (like the zodiac kind of thing) which makes them less convincing.

Astrology is actually way more complicated than people think, most people base Astrology on their Sun Sign, me and my ex wife have Sun Signs in the same element, My girlfriend and I have Sun Signs in different elements, that usually means that a Romantic relationship won't work out, that is far from true, you need to go to a professional Astrologer and that person has to make your entire chart which is really complicated, once your chart is made then the Astrologer can determine if you are made for each other. The Astrologer I visited was deadly accurate, she made charts also of me and my parents, I had some bad conflicts with my father, and she found it in our charts.

There are many different planets that shape us as human beings and an Astrologer has to take all of them into account to see if a person is right for you. The Moon, Venus, and Mars signs are more important than the person's Sun sign when it comes to a Romantic relationship.

Astrology is actually way more complicated than people think, most people base Astrology on their Sun Sign, me and my ex wife have Sun Signs in the same element, My girlfriend and I have Sun Signs in different elements, that usually means that a Romantic relationship won't work out, that is far from true, you need to go to a professional Astrologer and that person has to make your entire chart which is really complicated, once your chart is made then the Astrologer can determine if you are made for each other. The Astrologer I visited was deadly accurate, she made charts also of me and my parents, I had some bad conflicts with my father, and she found it in our charts.

There are many different planets that shape us as human beings and an Astrologer has to take all of them into account to see if a person is right for you. The Moon, Venus, and Mars signs are more important than the person's Sun sign when it comes to a Romantic relationship.

I figured that out without charts.

Reactions: 4 users
I figured that out without charts.

You do not even know me, this woman was able to pinpoint specific conflicts that I had between me and my father through Astrology. It was so accurate it was scary.

Ftfy

Also, why did this get bumped?

I never confuse educated with smart, Mad Jack. :)

Someone pretty and attractive already has an advantage.

Being a doctor isn't magically thinning or have the ability to make someone go from below average to hot. It just means that people will focus on security and pretend looks don't matter, LOL!

It really depends on the doc in question.
Personally, I tend to gravitate towards other educated intellectuals.
I just can't get into a girl if I'm not getting any intellectual stimulation from her.
And, even though it's not a 100% guarantee of intellectualism, my proxy for determining that is how educated the girl is.
So I'm much more likely to want to date a girl with some kind of graduate or professional degree in healthcare or in the STEM field.
But it's just a personal preference. I have plenty of colleagues who have no issue dating any woman they like, regardless of her education.

It really depends on the doc in question.
Personally, I tend to gravitate towards other educated intellectuals.
I just can't get into a girl if I'm not getting any intellectual stimulation from her.
And, even though it's not a 100% guarantee of intellectualism, my proxy for determining that is how educated the girl is.
So I'm much more likely to want to date a girl with some kind of graduate or professional degree in healthcare or in the STEM field.
But it's just a personal preference. I have plenty of colleagues who have no issue dating any woman they like, regardless of her education.
To date higher in looks you need to go way down in education level/income and even then it's still challenging for most guys. To date within your own socioeconomic & education level you'll be with someone who's as attractive as you or below you in that regard.

To date higher in looks you need to go way down in education level/income and even then it's still challenging for most guys. To date within your own socioeconomic & education level you'll be with someone who's as attractive as you or below you in that regard.

lol

Do male doctors typically date Certified Nursing Assistants, Certified Medical Assistants, phlebotomists or any woman with very little education beyond high school?

"Date" is a very vague term, it can mean anything from casual hook-ups to maybe we'll get married someday

Status
Not open for further replies.