About the ads

Doctors in Training Step II

Discussion in 'Step II' started by njshibby, Jul 26, 2009.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Dawkter

Dawkter

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Same situation, I am hearing secrets + world is the best for the last couple of weeks.
  2. Transposony

Transposony Do or do not, There is no try

SDN 2+ Year Member
    How do you get a score of 679 on Step 2 USMLE ? I thought the score is out of 300?
    What am I missing here?
  3. winkleweizen

winkleweizen

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Well its either 279 or the guy took the Comlex thing where i think the average is like 500 with a std dev of 100.....either way he did very well
  4. shan564

shan564 Below the fray

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Considering that he mentions elsewhere in his post that he took the COMLEX, I'm guessing it's the latter.
  5. asiddiqi

asiddiqi

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    can anyone tell me where i can find DIT STEP 2 videos? can some PM link or email me videos???? thank you so much
  6. jiffywerk

jiffywerk

Are the 2012 DIT step 2 videos very different from the 2010 step 2 videos, or should the 2010 videos be good enough?
  7. happyfeet123

happyfeet123

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Any opinions on using DIT with rotations?

That's what I did with goljan audio in first 2 years and wish I did it with DIT as well to help solidfy the minutae into long term memory.
  8. apevo8

apevo8

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Does anyone know what book he recommends as part of the step II course or is it just he videos and the question book they send you? Like for Step 1 it was FA + the question book
  9. STXGregor

STXGregor

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    The DIT Step 2 CK course uses Step Up to USMLE Step 2. Book is a few years old, but DIT does a good job of correcting errors and any outdated info.

I used DIT for step 1 and step 2. Overall, I thought the program was great both times. Very glad I did it again for Step 2 as I almost didn't. Went through the course over about 16ish days, with another week or so of finishing UWorld in 44q random timed blocks. Ended up with a 247 (225 on Step 1). Would recommend DIT to anyone that asks. I think it does a great job of stressing on some very high yield concepts in a way that helps you learn them the way that Step 2 tests you on them.
  10. apevo8

apevo8

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thank very much! I also did the DIT for step 1 and really liked it, as a matter of fact I got the same exact Step 1 score as you and finished the program in about 15 days(IMO I think I did it too fast but still happy with my score). My school switched there board review from Kaplan to DIT during my M2 year so I will most likely be using it for step 2. I hope I can get that same step 2 score, it would help me a great deal in securing anesthesiology! I already purchased UWorld on a 1 year subscription. Would you recommend doing questions during each rotation?
  11. fussion

fussion

Medical Student
    Please... does anyone have the pdf for the DIT Step 2 handbook? I have T minus 30 days before THE date.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!
  12. Bigeminy

Bigeminy

Definitely doing DIT for step 2. I was a pretty average student my first two years of med school, and for step 1 I did UWorld (started around March and did them with some path blocks) and DIT (3 weeks) and scored a 249.

I'll be doing the same thing for Step 2, although this year i'm doing much more UWorld throughout my rotations which is helping my shelf grades. I didn't do that well on the shelf exams 1st and 2nd year (again, pretty average).

They have pretty good ways of making you remember the most important things. But i think it's best at keeping you moving through such a massive amount of material in an organized and logical way. It's not as important as doing UWorld, but it lays down a good base.
  13. littlejuan

littlejuan

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Out of curiosity, what type of schedule did you guys use/are using with DIT?
  14. jakeislove

jakeislove MS IV

Medical Student
    I'd love to see the videos but won't be doing the test for a while.
  15. tco

tco

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I'm currently scoring 80th percentile on Uworld during my clinical rotations. (I think it's around 70% correct). I feel as though my knowledge is lacking, however. Should I use DIT or something more intense, like Kaplan, for Step 2?
  16. Bagheera

Bagheera

SDN 5+ Year Member
    70% UWOLRD is 80% percentile? I am at 69% and im only 62% percentile?
  17. tco

tco

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Whatever it is to be at 80th percentile is what I am. It also probably depends on what sections you've done. More difficult ones allow you to score lower and be at a higher percentile, obviously. Regardless, that's nowhere near the point of my post.