Doctors in Training Step II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njshibby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone try this yet? I know a lot of his material is predicated on his past students so he might working the kinks out of it, but if it's as good as the step 1 material I'm buying.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello - I take CK on Aug 2, and will be finishing up DIT on Monday (leaving about 1.5 weeks until the test date). Any suggestions on what to do the last 1.5 weeks?

Same situation, I am hearing secrets + world is the best for the last couple of weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well its either 279 or the guy took the Comlex thing where i think the average is like 500 with a std dev of 100.....either way he did very well

Considering that he mentions elsewhere in his post that he took the COMLEX, I'm guessing it's the latter.

can anyone tell me where i can find DIT STEP 2 videos? can some PM link or email me videos???? thank you so much

Are the 2012 DIT step 2 videos very different from the 2010 step 2 videos, or should the 2010 videos be good enough?

Any opinions on using DIT with rotations?

That's what I did with goljan audio in first 2 years and wish I did it with DIT as well to help solidfy the minutae into long term memory.

Does anyone know what book he recommends as part of the step II course or is it just he videos and the question book they send you? Like for Step 1 it was FA + the question book

Does anyone know what book he recommends as part of the step II course or is it just he videos and the question book they send you? Like for Step 1 it was FA + the question book

The DIT Step 2 CK course uses Step Up to USMLE Step 2. Book is a few years old, but DIT does a good job of correcting errors and any outdated info.

I used DIT for step 1 and step 2. Overall, I thought the program was great both times. Very glad I did it again for Step 2 as I almost didn't. Went through the course over about 16ish days, with another week or so of finishing UWorld in 44q random timed blocks. Ended up with a 247 (225 on Step 1). Would recommend DIT to anyone that asks. I think it does a great job of stressing on some very high yield concepts in a way that helps you learn them the way that Step 2 tests you on them.

The DIT Step 2 CK course uses Step Up to USMLE Step 2. Book is a few years old, but DIT does a good job of correcting errors and any outdated info.

I used DIT for step 1 and step 2. Overall, I thought the program was great both times. Very glad I did it again for Step 2 as I almost didn't. Went through the course over about 16ish days, with another week or so of finishing UWorld in 44q random timed blocks. Ended up with a 247 (225 on Step 1). Would recommend DIT to anyone that asks. I think it does a great job of stressing on some very high yield concepts in a way that helps you learn them the way that Step 2 tests you on them.

Thank very much! I also did the DIT for step 1 and really liked it, as a matter of fact I got the same exact Step 1 score as you and finished the program in about 15 days(IMO I think I did it too fast but still happy with my score). My school switched there board review from Kaplan to DIT during my M2 year so I will most likely be using it for step 2. I hope I can get that same step 2 score, it would help me a great deal in securing anesthesiology! I already purchased UWorld on a 1 year subscription. Would you recommend doing questions during each rotation?

Please... does anyone have the pdf for the DIT Step 2 handbook? I have T minus 30 days before THE date.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out!

Definitely doing DIT for step 2. I was a pretty average student my first two years of med school, and for step 1 I did UWorld (started around March and did them with some path blocks) and DIT (3 weeks) and scored a 249.

I'll be doing the same thing for Step 2, although this year i'm doing much more UWorld throughout my rotations which is helping my shelf grades. I didn't do that well on the shelf exams 1st and 2nd year (again, pretty average).

They have pretty good ways of making you remember the most important things. But i think it's best at keeping you moving through such a massive amount of material in an organized and logical way. It's not as important as doing UWorld, but it lays down a good base.

I'm currently scoring 80th percentile on Uworld during my clinical rotations. (I think it's around 70% correct). I feel as though my knowledge is lacking, however. Should I use DIT or something more intense, like Kaplan, for Step 2?

70% UWOLRD is 80% percentile? I am at 69% and im only 62% percentile?

Whatever it is to be at 80th percentile is what I am. It also probably depends on what sections you've done. More difficult ones allow you to score lower and be at a higher percentile, obviously. Regardless, that's nowhere near the point of my post.