DoDMERB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sei

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior in an Army ROTC program. I am hoping to be granted an ed delay and go straight to med school after I graduate from undergrad. I am DoDMERB qualified for ROTC, but required a few waivers. Does anyone know if I have to go through DoDMERB again for USUHS or HPSP (Army for either)?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a junior in an Army ROTC program. I am hoping to be granted an ed delay and go straight to med school after I graduate from undergrad. I am DoDMERB qualified for ROTC, but required a few waivers. Does anyone know if I have to go through DoDMERB again for USUHS or HPSP (Army for either)?

Probably will have to get a new physical, but not new waivers. Physical qualifications for staff corps officers are less stringent than line.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I'm fourth-year Army ROTC with a May-2005 DoDMERB, and I have an interview at USUHS in a couple weeks. I received a DoDMERB application in the mail a couple weeks ago from a company called Concorde, who apparently has a contract with USUHS and the mil academies to enroll and process DoDMERB applications for prospective students.

I called Concorde, and they said I'd have to get a new DoDMERB because mine is over two years old, which is interesting because HPSP only requires a DoDMERB no more than five years old. I then called USUHS Adcom with the same question, and the rep who answered wasn't sure and told me just to wait for my interview.

So I will let you know once I figure this ordeal out in a couple weeks..

Members don't see this ad :)
I assumed that HPSP uses DoDMERB since you end up being a commissioned officer, but I could be completely wrong.

I assumed that HPSP uses DoDMERB since you end up being a commissioned officer, but I could be completely wrong.

Usually MEPS, but sometimes DoDMERB. Depends on the district and availability.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I'm fourth-year Army ROTC with a May-2005 DoDMERB, and I have an interview at USUHS in a couple weeks. I received a DoDMERB application in the mail a couple weeks ago from a company called Concorde, who apparently has a contract with USUHS and the mil academies to enroll and process DoDMERB applications for prospective students.

I called Concorde, and they said I'd have to get a new DoDMERB because mine is over two years old, which is interesting because HPSP only requires a DoDMERB no more than five years old. I then called USUHS Adcom with the same question, and the rep who answered wasn't sure and told me just to wait for my interview.

So I will let you know once I figure this ordeal out in a couple weeks..
Ever figure anything out? Prior enlisted, current ROTC, Interview day after tomorrow and I have the same question.

Thanks for the speedy reply! I'm getting my DODMERB redone next week. Pain in the butt, but worth it if I can nab a spot at USUHS