Does Anyone Attend U of Miami?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pt4me

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone attend U of Miami DPT or know anyone or know more info about the program? If so, what do you like about the program? Is there anything you dislike? Are you glad you chose the school? At the interview one of the girls was telling me about three people that failed out or something....did they just not try? Do people truly fail out if they get help and do their work/study hard? Any information is GREATLY appreciated!!! I have been all throughout the website so I know the basic info from there and the info from the interview...I would love to know more!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, just wondering did you make a decision about UM? I got my acceptance the other day, and I'm really excited about it! The people there, both students and faculty seemed really cool. Now I'm just trying to find a place to live...

Congrats dwr! How'd you find out? and when did u interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I interviewed 2/12, and I got a certified letter yesterday morning that I had to sign for. They said they were going to email you when they send the certified letter, but I never got an email. Did you interview at UM? Are you going there/waiting to hear?

Yes--> I interviewed on 2/12 as well, and I am still waiting...... It's killing me! Where do u live now?

Good luck! I'm sure you'll hear soon! I live in Roanoke, VA now, and i've be covered in snow for way too long. Where are you now?

I'm in good ol' tallahassee, FL--> have you heard of others accepted?

No, i havent heard about any others. what about you? do you have a sure thing yet?

I haven't heard anything from any of the schools--> I am really hoping on UM. USF was my first choice, but after visiting UM, I feel in love with it. So, it's my # 1 hopeful school. What other schools did u apply to?

dwr2018--yes I have decided on UM!! I'm very excited but nervous. I also need to figure out housing. I've done alot of research on apartment complexes but I need to find someone/people to live with. I think we get a list of people in the incoming class April. I don't know....I feel like since I don't live in Florida it's gonna be hard to find housing long distance.

Nck- i'm sure you'll hear soon! I wanted to go to St. Augustine until I visited Miami. They put me on a wait list. I also applied to Elon, but didnt get in and Nova, but havent heard from them yet.

PT4me- Awesome! See you in May! I've been looking around miami craigslist this weekend, and i'm definitely going to have to find at least 1 roommate to live with. I'm coming from VA, and the interview was the only time i've been to Miami, so I dont know a lot about the area yet.

I just found out I got in on Friday! I'm trying to decide between three schools right now- pretty tough decisions. I too have been looking at rent- very expensive! I have a few friends in the area who all pay close to $1000 without utilities for a one bedroom- seems like the standard.

dwr2018, do you mind posting your stats? Some of the colleges you applied to are some of the ones I'm looking at.

dwr2018, do you mind posting your stats? Some of the colleges you applied to are some of the ones I'm looking at.

I dont remember the exact numbers but:
overall gpa: around 3.0 (low gpas can get in!)
science gpa: around 3.1
GRE: 1370
major: double in biology and chemistry
hours: lots, well over 1500 outpatient, and around 1000 inpatient. I worked at a clinic part time in college and took a year off to work full time.

This got me into UM, interview at St. Augustine, and denied from Elon. Haven't heard from the others still. Hope this helps, esp if your gpa isn't great, like mine.

interviewed on 1/29 got an acceptance today for UM!!!!

Congrats!!! are you gonna go??? getting excited! :)