Does anyone know how MySchedule work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ineeddrug

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering..

My store has pretty good techs.
We do more than 600 rx/weekday & at least 10-15% rxs are c2. We are located next to big hospitals and tons of dr's offices.

But the tech hours are crazy.
On weekdays, we have around 32-38 hrs from 8am to 10pm.
We have literally nonstop pickup line from 9am to 8pm. So always two techs at pickup. 1 tech at drop off. Pharmacist do production & qa& m5 etc.

Then last week, I had chance to help other two stores in the same city. But I was surprised to see there are more tech for both stores with much less script number.

Main difference that I noticed was
much less c2 & pick up customers. And those were non union store. (Mine is union store)

So I am thinking that maybe MYSchedule does not count how busy pickup line was & maybe does not count c2 rx script?

I dont know..
After working at those stores, I feel somethinfg is not fair. :(

Does anyone know how MySchedule calculate budget?

Members don't see this ad.

The answer you are seeking will not benefit you in any way. You can not trick MySchedule into giving you more hours. You can not call anyone and reason with them into giving you more help.

How many scripts per week on your flash? What are your demand hours?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also consider how profitable the pharmacy is. A store doing 3000 scripts in an inner city medicaid area for 30 day supply of cheap meds like HCTZ, aspirin, and multivitamin, will have less profits than a suburb store doing 3000 scripts for 90 day supplies for commercial insurances.

My Schedule isn't accurate. It's basically budget by corporate; MySchedule "manager" emailed me this a year ago. It can flex up if you trend +150 scripts over a 5-6 week period and it will adjust (just like you can flex before, but now you let the system do it for you). Trust me; don't listen to their BS about how it takes into account a million data points to generate that demand. Plus, it doesn't take into account controls as your budget. I'm a 24 hour store and some weeks our demand is 230-240 tech hours (our volume is usually 3500+). So what I do is take that demand and be creative with it. But you really need to know your store inside out to do that. I cut my RPH hours on weekends and stack them on weekdays (since weekends literally minimal QT so you don't need a drop off tech).

Reactions: 1 user
The answer you are seeking will not benefit you in any way. You can not trick MySchedule into giving you more hours. You can not call anyone and reason with them into giving you more help.

+1. You can't. But if you are beating scripts, talk with your sup about going over a little bit since you are beating scripts. I don't think they mind if you are beating scripts and going over a little (a reasonable sup of course). MySchedule will take time to adjust. Say if you beat scripts by 10% this week, the jump in demand isn't going to be reflected next week. It monitors your 5-6 week trend before adjusting (up or down).

Hire about 10 techs and have them run pick-up with their training hours. By the time their training hours are gone they will have all quit. Rinse and repeat :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Wait. MySchedule works!?

You probably have less tech hours because you have more pharmacist overlap.