Does anyone know if AAMC is making any last minute changes to make a Dec. 2014 test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamstoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kind of curious.

Members don't see this ad.

They really should given the changes to the exam in 2015 and the lack of seating in populated college towns for the upcoming months, but I would be surprised if they did considering they already expanded test-dates into October/Nov.

Yeah - I'm in this boat too: would love to know if they will, but have no idea. It would be a good move, at least from a business stand-point; there's a strong demand for more dates before Jan. 2015, it seems like.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that the 2014 exam may be extended until March or so? Does anyone know if AAMC is contemplating it?

The testing locations that I plan to sign up for in January after possibly voiding my 9/18 test are filling up quickly.
If I can't get any reasonable testing location, I might end up having to take the new MCAT which I really would like not to. I'm applying next June.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you, I really wouldn't be planning my MCAT based on rumors and what not. Take the MCAT when you feel you are ready. If you are not ready, void the 9/18 and sign up for January.

If I were you, I really wouldn't be planning my MCAT based on rumors and what not. Take the MCAT when you feel you are ready. If you are not ready, void the 9/18 and sign up for January.

I will but locations/seats seemingly is becoming an issue. Oh well can't do anything about it.

AAMC's customer service said, "no" to that question a couple weeks ago, but that was a couple weeks ago and the person who I spoke with didn't seem to be well informed. An email to AAMC might get a more reliable response.

True in the past, less being on the verge of the 2015 mcat.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that the 2014 exam may be extended until March or so? Does anyone know if AAMC is contemplating it?

The testing locations that I plan to sign up for in January after possibly voiding my 9/18 test are filling up quickly.
If I can't get any reasonable testing location, I might end up having to take the new MCAT which I really would like not to. I'm applying next June.

I would say flying is even a better option then taking the new one. I'm in the same boat as you, wish i saw this coming earlier

Furthermore, i bet AAMC is stoked to be raking in the dough off of us -_-

I feel like getting on my knees and begging for extra test locations and timings. Nearly every perfect location for me has been taken because I have to wait till the 9/20 to sign up for a new test. Furthermore, I might have to take it on a weekday during the semester which I'm not sure is appropriate but may be my only option if I do not want to travel alot.

I feel like getting on my knees and begging for extra test locations and timings. Nearly every perfect location for me has been taken because I have to wait till the 9/20 to sign up for a new test. Furthermore, I might have to take it on a weekday during the semester which I'm not sure is appropriate but may be my only option if I do not want to travel alot.

9/20? we can do it the day of on the 18th? You must be in cali too lol

9/20? we can do it the day of on the 18th? You must be in cali too lol

You have to wait 48 hours to sign up again from what I heard. No I'm thankfully not in california. They have it really rough for the January test. As of now there are about like 7 seats I'm considering but they do require some traveling. I just hope one reasonable seat is still open by 9/20.

@Dreamstoo, oh ok good to know then, yeah traveling is definitely going to happen for me.. And same here, idk if watching it and waiting or signing up for a known location would be better