Does ERAS keep LOR's from last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych.MD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may be applying for a residency program again this year. I recently resigned from my program to be closer to my family.

My question is, do I have to get all new letters or can I use the letters from last year on ERAS? Does ERAS keep the LOR's on file? How can I get these letters without having to ask the same people again to write letters.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

unfortunately they do not. You might check with your school to see if they still have them, but if your school is like my school, they clear out all files (except dean's letters) each year. If your school doesn't have your letters, then I'd check with your letter writers. Many people keep the letters they've written for a certain period of time but you have to make sure they update the date. If they new you well, or are just nice people, they should be willing to rewrite for you. good luck

I strongly suggest you get at least 2 new letters from your program where you resigned. A letter from the PD of that program is key. PD's will want to know that your clinical performance was satisfactory in your previous program.