Does it look bad to join two research labs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBossDoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in a clinical research lab, but I've recently joined a bench/wet-lab research lab, and I want to indicate that on my secondaries since it's a major part of how I plan to spend my gap year. Does it look bad that I'm participating in two labs at the same time? Would schools think that I have issues with loyalty and commitment (serious question)? My main concern is that they would wonder why I'm not just focusing on one type of research, but my reason is that I want to try out bench research since I haven't really done that until this summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Does it look bad to have 2 different jobs?
Definitely not

I'm currently in a clinical research lab, but I've recently joined a bench/wet-lab research lab, and I want to indicate that on my secondaries since it's a major part of how I plan to spend my gap year. Does it look bad that I'm participating in two labs at the same time? Would schools think that I have issues with loyalty and commitment (serious question)? My main concern is that they would wonder why I'm not just focusing on one type of research, but my reason is that I want to try out bench research since I haven't really done that until this summer.

What? There's nothing wrong with that. If you're able to keep a decent commitment to both, it shows you have a diversity of interests.

Members don't see this ad :)

why not combine them and do translational research? :naughty: