Does it matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mua

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does it matter if I am applying to two branches of the same school, and how does it work.
Like if I apply to AT STill Kirksville, and the one in Arizona, similarly to the Philadelphia college, or the midwestern univ.???

Please help, I dont want to waste an extra 100 dollars on applying when only one branch would receive my application.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

does it matter if I am applying to two branches of the same school, and how does it work.
Like if I apply to AT STill Kirksville, and the one in Arizona, similarly to the Philadelphia college, or the midwestern univ.???

Please help, I dont want to waste an extra 100 dollars on applying when only one branch would receive my application.

Thanks

I know that it's ok to apply to both branches for ATSU because I did and got an interview offer from both. I don't know about PCOM but I've heard that the Georgia campus has a regional bias to the students in state.

When you apply to both campuses each application is treated separately, and you must pay the secondary fee for both campuses.

I applied to both PCOMs and both LECOMs. Submitted separate secondaries and paid separate fees for both campuses at both schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks both of you,

do you also know how long it takes for AACOMAS to send the applications in, granted that I only submitted the application like 1.5 weeks ago/

Also when do we submit the letters from interfolio. Should I do it now, or wait for secondaries, or after between the primaries and secondaries submission.

Thanks again!

Thanks both of you,

do you also know how long it takes for AACOMAS to send the applications in, granted that I only submitted the application like 1.5 weeks ago/

Also when do we submit the letters from interfolio. Should I do it now, or wait for secondaries, or after between the primaries and secondaries submission.

Thanks again!

I won't even comment on the current release date debacle... There's a thread for that ;) Feel free to join the neuroticism in there. There seems to be some delay which might clear up in the next week or two.

As for when to submit your letters from Interfolio: with or after your secondary. However, schools like MSU require your letter writers to send their recommendations in the mail after completing their own evaluation form that you hand to the physician or professor.

alright MSU's out, I havent even talked to the professors that wrote the recommendation a year or so ago. I am doing my Grad now. So yea not wasting on their secondaries now! thanks for the info.

alright MSU's out, I havent even talked to the professors that wrote the recommendation a year or so ago. I am doing my Grad now. So yea not wasting on their secondaries now! thanks for the info.

It's up to you. You could get someone else from your Grad program if possible. MSU is a really good school, just insanely expensive for OOS applicants.

Plus MSU = $80k tuition if you aren't from Mich.

Thanks

When choosing medical schools, prior to your submission, each campus is available for selection. For example, you have to select both PCOM-philly & PCOM-hotlanta if you want to apply to both. Same thing for the AT Still's and Midwestern's. Sorry, just the way it is set up.

I know at VCOM I was able to choose my campus preference to interview at and they consider you for both schools. Good Luck.