PhD/PsyD Does La Salle University offer paid positions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiderShaaban

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I start my PsyD program at La Salle University in a few months and I want to see if anyone knows whether or not they offer paid positions for Research Assistants or now. All I know so far is that as a first year student, I may be able to work as a Clinic Assistant for about 5 hours a week for $10/hour, and needless to say, that's like nothing.

I do know that they have a few TA positions available after the first year but I don't have any further information about that. If you do, even if you're in a different PsyD program, PLEASE enlighten me, because I can't seem to find any relevant info on that anywhere on their website.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I start my PsyD program at La Salle University in a few months and I want to see if anyone knows whether or not they offer paid positions for Research Assistants or now. All I know so far is that as a first year student, I may be able to work as a Clinic Assistant for about 5 hours a week for $10/hour, and needless to say, that's like nothing.

I do know that they have a few TA positions available after the first year but I don't have any further information about that. If you do, even if you're in a different PsyD program, PLEASE enlighten me, because I can't seem to find any relevant info on that anywhere on their website.

Thanks in advance!
I'd call the department and ask; you'll get more accurate answers than hearsay from people on the Internet. Good luck in school.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're already enrolled in the program, didn't they cover this in your recruitment when talking about funding and whatnot? Also, is there a handbook that codifies this?
No, not really. They briefly talked about TA positions, but never mentioned RA positions; and their handbook just suggests to see the financial aid page, which is useless.
I know all PhD students hold some sort of an RA position but I didn't know that PsyD students do too until I read some statistics on the APA website that nearly 30% of first year PsyD students, and about 60% of second year PsyD students hold RA positions.

I read some statistics on the APA website that nearly 30% of first year PsyD students, and about 60% of second year PsyD students hold RA positions.
That doesn't necessarily mean "paid and tuition waiver."
Check with the school.
They really should have made it completely clear on interview day. That's pretty shoddy informed consent to enroll.