Does looks matter in pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D1CE K

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed in retail, that if you're good looking the customers are less likely to explode on you. Don't get me wrong, there are still some crazies who will yell at you but not as much if you are attractive.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

It is true. No one has ever yelled at me

Reactions: 7 users
Me also- fine as wine... Never been insulted....except for that one time that lady told me to F*** myself for not filling her norco early...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've noticed in retail, that if you're good looking the customers are less likely to explode on you. Don't get me wrong, there are still some crazies who will yell at you but not as much if you are attractive.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?
Lmfaooooo I think being attractive can do a lot of good things for you both within and outside of pharmacy

Welcome to life. A nice smile and charming personality will get you a long ways.

Sociopaths, or individuals with anti social personality disorder if you want to use the happy new DSM V spectrum, utilize charm and good looks at a whim to get the sheeple to do what they want; all without an whiff of guilt.

I must be uglier than ****.

A little plastic surgery overseas goes a long way toward salary negotiations; might pay off over time. Oooor, you could marry up with your new-found face and lipo-slurped body! Throw in a couple cycles of legal steroid use in central america and you could be a new person!

Sociopaths, or individuals with anti social personality disorder if you want to use the happy new DSM V spectrum, utilize charm and good looks at a whim to get the sheeple to do what they want; all without an whiff of guilt.

That sounds just like me getting into girls' pants saying whatever they need to hear!

A little plastic surgery overseas goes a long way toward salary negotiations; might pay off over time. Oooor, you could marry up with your new-found face and lipo-slurped body! Throw in a couple cycles of legal steroid use in central america and you could be a new person!

You don't understand sarcasm? >_>;

My primary job is communications (answering phones) at the main pharmacy and medication reconciliation at the ER. My soft voice and expression had many people (coworkers, patients, nurses) call me "sweetie" while my male coworkers seems to be tense and cold to me for no apparent reason. Work is not too hard but I find it challenging to get along with my fellow men. I wonder why?

AGREE.

I Hardly every get yelled at and actually most of the grandmas want to hook me up with their granddaughters.

Reactions: 1 users
Flirting with the old ladies will get you very far.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
AGREE.

I Hardly every get yelled at and actually most of the grandmas want to hook me up with their granddaughters.

I thought you were a woman?

Step 1: Be attractive
Step 2: Don't be unattractive

The older you look the more you are respected I'd say.

Me without a beard = I look 21-22.
Me with a beard = I look 33-40.

Real age = 27.

When I was an intern, people assumed I was the pharmacist simply because I was a guy and I had a beard and a white coat. They thought the 25 year old female pharmacist was the intern/tech.

Real age = 27.

When I was an intern, people assumed I was the pharmacist simply because I was a guy and I had a beard and a white coat. They thought the 25 year old female pharmacist was the intern/tech.

Up to the point til you croak, then you lose all their respect.

Real age = 27.

Truth. Shirt and tie+Lab coat+Beard+Glasses+Professional Demeanor= I get mistaken for a pharmacist all day long. It's surprising how few people will actually look at your name badge...

It depends....I still get yelled at sometimes but mostly from rude customers. Being pretty in retail is a real ego booster. I'm also into fashion so I'm constantly getting into conversations about jewelries, purses and other items of clothing with female customers . The men flirt with me non stop. I have an accent so the pickup line is always "where are you from? you look beautiful ". I don't mind it even though I am married.

It depends....I still get yelled at sometimes but mostly from rude customers. Being pretty in retail is a real ego booster. I'm also into fashion so I'm constantly getting into conversations about jewelries, purses and other items of clothing with female customers . The men flirt with me non stop. I have an accent so the pickup line is always "where are you from? you look beautiful ". I don't mind it even though I am married.

Women have unlimited selection of men. Men can pick women but women are ultimately the chooser. Join any dating sites for women is gold mine especially if you are pretty. You can get rich husband, handsome, at a click of a button. No socializing needed, no wasting time in the bars/clubs needed.

http://jonmillward.com/blog/attraction-dating/cupid-on-trial-a-4-month-online-dating-experiment/

I tested it myself on Craigslist making a fake ads (with NO picture, mind you). The result after about 1 hour: I got a total of 34 messages before the ads was taken down: a lot of 8 inches dick picks, 6 pack abs, dinguses, but I also got a couple decent human being, doctors, and lawyers sent me a message.

For men, not so much, you'll be lucky to get 1 message back/10 msgs you sent. Your inbox will get 1 msg/week or even months compare that to an attractive women 45 msg/day. If women didn't check their message, in just 7 days, they'd have over ~400 emails with a full inbox and they probably trash most of these messages because all of them say the same sh1t over and over "you are cute/pretty", "how are you", "hi". I have to resort of doing funky creative messages just to get them to read mine LOL. Some of my opening favorites are "goodbye" (reverse opening) or "I am looking to find a sugar baby to support me so I can play video games all day, are you down?!". Just to let them know you are different than 400 "Hi" messages so they can check your profile, and maybe they'll find you funny and send a message back :-D

Last edited:
Just because guys are offering you their d*cks, it doesn't mean you are attractive.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Just because guys are offering you their d*cks, it doesn't mean you are attractive.

Posted using SDN Mobile

They know that. That's why these type of messages go straight to trash bin. Only funny, witty, creative messages get read by women in online dating world. No "hi", "how are you", "any luck", "you are cute" get any time of the day because they are boring, makes you look like just another lame a5s guy. The only exception to this rule is your face/body looks like Ryan Reynold, Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, or Brad Pitt. Then, you can send lame sh1t and women might look at you.

With due dilligences, I got some success getting a couple FWBs, and some one night stands. Now, I crave a real relationship coz pus5y is pus5y after a while, just another wet hole... better to be in meaningful relationship.

They know that. That's why these type of messages go straight to trash bin. Only funny, witty, creative messages get read by women in online dating world. No "hi", "how are you", "any luck", "you are cute" get any time of the day because they are boring, makes you look like just another lame a5s guy. The only exception to this rule is your face/body looks like Ryan Reynold, Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, or Brad Pitt. Then, you can send lame sh1t and women might look at you.

With due dilligences, I got some success getting a couple FWBs, and some one night stands. Now, I crave a real relationship coz pus5y is pus5y after a while, just another wet hole... better to be in meaningful relationship.

I actually got a LOT more messages on one of those websites when I changed my profession from pharmacy intern to pharmacist. God damn gold diggers.

Dude makes six figs and needs to use Craigslist to get women.

Women don't actually use Craigslist for dating. They use it as a pick me up. 80 idiots send an average looking woman a message begging for their attention.

Lets be honest.

There are more hot people in retail than in the hospital.

Only if you discount nurses and nursing students. I'm married and I have to do bouble takes almost on a daily basis..what's up with the latest batch of pharmacy APPE and interns?

Only if you discount nurses and nursing students. I'm married and I have to do bouble takes almost on a daily basis..what's up with the latest batch of pharmacy APPE and interns?

I don't understand how so many of these hot 18-25 year old nursing students or nurses are already married and have had kids already.

Lol

Dude makes six figs and needs to use Craigslist to get women.

Women don't actually use Craigslist for dating. They use it as a pick me up. 80 idiots send an average looking woman a message begging for their attention.

Nah.. Craigslist has its place. You don't want to be the one sending messages in Craigslist. You wait. Most of the postings are fake, spams in CL. My secret is to make 6-7 different profiles: a stud, a geek, a traveler, a family man, a dominatrix, a sub, cuddle friend only, a friend, fwb only, love to eat pus5y only, movie goers, rich dad. State you only reply if you attach a pic.

CL = Little time invested (hit renew post), huge reward (they come to me). I renew my post every a couple days and will get some hits on these profiles because they are all for different audiences. I managed to pull HB8-10 with this strategy, weed the rest. Occasionally, I'd go with HB6 or 7 if I am bored. Tons of HB1-5, delete their message immediately, coz god... I don't wanna waste time and money LOL. The only problem with CL is that the quality of women you get, even HB8-10, they are uneducated. I did score myself a cute NP, a really well-traveled lady, and an ex-stipper here. But most of the time, the women lurking in CL are dumb as hell. Most of my encounters in CL has been one night stands or FWBs, it has reputation for that so you don't want to look a long term relationship here.

Traditional online dating = huge time waster, little reward, but jack pot on the quality of women you'll meet here: doctors, nurses, Pharm.Ds, engineers, models, business owners etc. It's because they already put their info out there, all you need to do is just a little search. Go to OKcupid/POF, or match/eharmony. Send a mass creative, witty message tailored to their profile (huge time sink for ....sometimes... nothing!), and hope for the best. Sometimes you get 1 message/20 sent. Sometimes you get 6 messages replied in one day, a little back and forth, you number close and set up dates with them. It's a hit and miss but they are all high quality because you get to pick the what kind of women you want.

Where did online dating come from?

You make 6 figures, supposedly you are a millionaire and you need to create 6 different profiles on CL so you can get some "wet p*ssies"? Lol

What are you going to do next? Start a thread entitled, "golden p*ssy"?

Posted using SDN Mobile

You make 6 figures, supposedly you are a millionaire and you need to create 6 different profiles on CL so you can get some "wet p*ssies"? Lol

Posted using SDN Mobile

There's nothing wrong with online dating, especially in today's world. Everything is done online now. There are a ton of young successful professionals using it. This is especially true in big metros where everyone is busy and it's just hard to meet people. I feel like the only ones that still see online dating as taboo are those from an older generation or just really close minded.

^^ I wasn't commenting on online dating. I was pointing out this fool needs to create different profiles with different personalities on CL just to get some and then he brags about it.

Maybe his personality on SDN is a smart investor/millionaire/pharmacist.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Posted using SDN Mobile

Online exposes me to women that I'd never otherwise meet. I'd never meet someone who likes art, books (I only read financial books), sports, politics, dom/sub relationship, a surgeon, a stripper, business women since I don't do/like them myself and they are no where near my social circle but I put myself out there and send these type of women messages. They expand my knowledge base. If we hit it off, great, if not they become my friends I could always couch surf at their place (occasionally sleep in their bed! :p ). I love making attractive friends in random places. Though now, I am pushing 30s, I am looking for that special someone while I am at it :-D

^^ I wasn't commenting on online dating. I was pointing out this fool needs to create different profiles with different personalities on CL just to get some and then he brags about it.

Maybe his personality on SDN is a smart investor/millionaire/pharmacist.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I couldn't be all different personalities with just 1 ad. Technically impossible, you have to attract different ants with different baits.

Also, you never know what you like until you date multiple types of women. For example, a woman I used to see likes to bite, I'd never have that before, it turns out I like some small bites during foreplay! I'd never know this if I didn't date this girl LOL!

Last edited:
:barf:
This thread reeks of free clinic now.

Seriously, one needs a wet suit to not catch a disease just reading the last handful of posts lol.

:barf:
This thread reeks of free clinic now.

Seriously, one needs a wet suit to not catch a disease just reading the last handful of posts lol.
Gotta get it how you wanna man! I'm not judging. Haha

There's nothing wrong with online dating, especially in today's world. Everything is done online now. There are a ton of young successful professionals using it. This is especially true in big metros where everyone is busy and it's just hard to meet people. I feel like the only ones that still see online dating as taboo are those from an older generation or just really close minded.

Back in my day I just went out and met girls. It wasn't that difficult. What the hell happened to that?

Back in my day I just went out and met girls. It wasn't that difficult. What the hell happened to that?

Well, one could assume that for some people feasibility of encountering a willing partner for a life fulfilling relationship or meaningless coitus could be directly transferred into a chart with an ascending arrow labeled net worth, and a descending arrow labeled attractiveness. One would assume that the further the attractiveness arrow descended the higher the net worth arrow would have to ascend, and so forth. I would suppose that the initial index for each function could be adjusted based upon intelligence of the potential mate, social standing (I.E. poverty, how much is a lot of money to said person, etc...) I.E. It might take significantly greater net worth or looks for someone who considers $1,000,000 a small net worth. (See Ivy League spoiled brat.) Conversely, buying fast food and owning your own car might be considered "wealth," (See Trailer Park Trash, often found in Wal-Marts throughout the United States.)

Last edited:
And I've slept in the streets. Doesn't change the fact that the lowest echelon of housing produces inordinate amounts of mediocrity.

Yeah, but do you get junkies showing up at your door at 2AM offering to sell you a PS2 for $50 (back in 2001) anywhere else? Get deals. No idea where it came from, but every dude in the neighborhood was over trying to check out that new Metal Gear Solid. Sure, Methhead Willie sometimes tried to rob you, but when he was selling, there was no finer purveyor of cheap, late model electronics. None.

Yeah, but do you get junkies showing up at your door at 2AM offering to sell you a PS2 for $50 (back in 2001) anywhere else? Get deals. No idea where it came from, but every dude in the neighborhood was over trying to check out that new Metal Gear Solid. Sure, Methhead Willie sometimes tried to rob you, but when he was selling, there was no finer purveyor of cheap, late model electronics. None.

Solid point, solid. Dude, Metal Gear Solid was amazing. I played the xbox version to death.