Does my dental school GPA affect my acceptance to international DDS programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momok gogo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does my dental school GPA affect my acceptance to international DDS programs? Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, of course it does. GPA is one of the factors the schools look at along with all the other criteria.

Could you please tell me the least GPA for example to be considered??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm I believe Pittsburgh has a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0. Not sure what are the minimums for other schools.

Depends, each school has its own requirements. It ranges from 1.99-2.5 just to apply. I would suggest to check the program requirements for each school.

Also, some schools are sticklers for GPA, others don't bother too much, as long as you meet their requirements. So don't be disheartened, just do your homework & apply to schools willing to accept your GPA.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Depends, each school has its own requirements. It ranges from 1.99-2.5 just to apply. I would suggest to check the program requirements for each school.

Also, some schools are sticklers for GPA, others don't bother too much, as long as you meet their requirements. So don't be disheartened, just do your homework & apply to schools willing to accept your GPA.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

That's great news! Any idea which schools don't bother with the GPA much?