Does Plant Physiology count towards your AMCAS BCPM GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meli001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! :)

Does Plant Physiology count towards the AMCAS BCPM GPA?
In my school, it is taught under the biology department and it's prefix is BIO?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Counted for me. Get ready though; that was by far the most miserably boring class I've ever had. Plants suck.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, sounds like it will fit snugly into the "B" of "BCPM"!

Counted for me. Get ready though; that was by far the most miserably boring class I've ever had. Plants suck.

I agree that it's not the most interesting class. I used it as BCPM.

I think anything that has the Bio prefix (or CHE, PHY or MTH) counts toward BCPM GPA. I'm slightly annoyed about that because other science courses that don't fall under those departments technically doesn't count toward the BCPM GPA. I wanted to take A&P but it's under the allied health sciences department in my school.

I think anything that has the Bio prefix (or CHE, PHY or MTH) counts toward BCPM GPA. I'm slightly annoyed about that because other science courses that don't fall under those departments technically doesn't count toward the BCPM GPA. I wanted to take A&P but it's under the allied health sciences department in my school.
I'm pretty sure you could still count that towards your BCPM GPA, since the class is called A&P, which falls under AMCAS's Biology category. I don't think it has to have the biology dept. prefix.

Edit: From the AMCAS instruction manual:
"The department offering the course is typically not a factor in the course classification.
For example, a course should be classified as Biology if the primary content is biology, regardless which department offers the course."

Reactions: 1 user

Why not take it anyway if you want to take it?

I'm pretty sure you could still count that towards your BCPM GPA, since the class is called A&P, which falls under AMCAS's Biology category. I don't think it has to have the biology dept. prefix.

Edit: From the AMCAS instruction manual:
"The department offering the course is typically not a factor in the course classification.
For example, a course should be classified as Biology if the primary content is biology, regardless which department offers the course."

Yeah, psych stats counted as bcpm for me