does "Position Title" in dentistry experience refer to my supervisor's position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does "Position Title" in dentistry experience section of the application refer to my supervisor's position or my working position? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

i thought it referred to you but now you just confused me! i dont know anymore :(

also if its dental shadowing how do you describe your activities?

I just described the things that I observed in the clinic for shadowing.

if position title refer to our working position, how can make a title for job shadowing? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
The position title refers to YOUR position title. If you are shadowing, put your position as "Observer". At least that's what i did last year.

The position title refers to YOUR position title. If you are shadowing, put your position as "Observer". At least that's what i did last year.

why would it be your title? there is a section where it also asks your "position type."

so, the "position title" should be the doctor's. (orthodontist, etc.)

i think.

why would it be your title? there is a section where it also asks your "position type."

so, the "position title" should be the doctor's. (orthodontist, etc.)

i think.

I don't think so. The position type is a box you check off that indicates only if your position is
a) paid
b) volunteer (work without pay)
c) Job Shadow / observer
d) other

The position title refers to something more specific but still refers to YOU, not your dentist or supervisor. If it want's your supervisor's position, it will indicate it by specifying the word "supervisor" or something similar in the question...don't read too much into it.

If your position type is a volunteer, then the position title is also volunteer.
If your position type is shadowing, then the position title is observer.
If your position type is paid, then your position title is whatever you are paid for (i.e. receptionist, dental assistant, intern, billing, personal assistant, lab tech, etc.)
If your position type is other, then I don't know what your position title might have been.