Does the AOA Student Research Fellowship make a difference come residency time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandoraone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was recently informed about this scholarship. I am interested in applying and am currently working on my application. I was wondering, is this considered a prestigious award and will it make a difference come residency time? Will it make my application much stronger or is it not worth much?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea how program directors look at this, but I did it and it was awesome. They pay more than any other fellowship I found + you get a stipend to present your research. It's a great deal.

The downside is that they only accept 1 student/school. So start early and have a killer application to send to them. It's fairly extensive what they require and took me a solid month to prepare after I found a PI. (ie, you have to have a detailed lab protocol, etc. will require lots of back and forth with your PI).

I have no idea how program directors look at this, but I did it and it was awesome. They pay more than any other fellowship I found + you get a stipend to present your research. It's a great deal.

The downside is that they only accept 1 student/school. So start early and have a killer application to send to them. It's fairly extensive what they require and took me a solid month to prepare after I found a PI. (ie, you have to have a detailed lab protocol, etc. will require lots of back and forth with your PI).

I know many residencies look for AOA when it comes time to decide who to interview. I don't have AOA so I was wondering if this would be somewhat helpful...