Does the HPSP application asks for (non-criminal) institutional actions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen the 100+ page SF-86 form used by the military to conduct its extensive background check, and while the forms asks for disclosure of all arrests, charges, and convictions (expunged or not), it does not mention anything regarding disciplinary actions from colleges.

In addition to this background/security clearance form, i understand that the HPSP also requires an application that includes GPA/MCAT, LORs, ECs, and a personal statement. Does the HPSP application asks you to disclose any institutional actions in the same manner that the AMCAS and AACOMAS do? My IA is very minor (just a warning), and it has nothing to do with things like cheating, alcohol, or drugs. I dont want to be overly specific, but its basically a noise-level type violation from my undergrad.

I wonder if anyone who has applied to HPSP and seen the application can answer this question for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My "nope" was to the OP. SF86 does not require you to disclose institutional actions. Only criminal charges.

My "nope" was to the OP. SF86 does not require you to disclose institutional actions. Only criminal charges.

thanks for the response

i know that the SF 86 does not ask about institutional actions. i am wondering if OTHER applications of HPSP asks for institutional actions?

to my knowledge, the SF 86 is only the background check aspect, it isn't the actual "application" in which you fill out your GPA/MCAT, list ECs, and write your personal statement for why HPSP.

thanks for the response

i know that the SF 86 does not ask about institutional actions. i am wondering if OTHER applications of HPSP asks for institutional actions?

to my knowledge, the SF 86 is only the background check aspect, it isn't the actual "application" in which you fill out your GPA/MCAT, list ECs, and write your personal statement for why HPSP.

That I don't know. I would simply ask your AMEDD recruiter. Either way I don't see it being a problem. You're apply for a scholarship. Any IAs will only affect your AMCAS app. Easy solution is to just ask your recruiter.

That I don't know. I would simply ask your AMEDD recruiter. Either way I don't see it being a problem. You're apply for a scholarship. Any IAs will only affect your AMCAS app. Easy solution is to just ask your recruiter.

thanks. i just hope that after i disclose the IA on both the AMCAS and the AACOMAS, then that will be the end of it