Does the MCAT cover every topic listed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CloverBale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or will there be for example, just no electrochemistry question one year, or hardly any sound questions, or no questions about the nervous system? Or do they try to cover their bases with everything?

Members don't see this ad.

every test is different. Every test has different amount of questions relating to a certain topic. You can get a Sep 1st test with no electrochemistry questions and then get a Sep 9 test with a passage on electrochemistry.

Or will there be for example, just no electrochemistry question one year, or hardly any sound questions, or no questions about the nervous system? Or do they try to cover their bases with everything?

yeah you can't study that way. everything they list is technically up for grabs on every exam. I would check the test threads here and on reddit to get an idea for what are aamc "favorite" topics. The exam has been out for over a year now, there will be patterns that let you know what is more commonly tested, but I would bet it all shows up eventually.

No, no. I think you have it wrong. You shouldn't go in studying for the MCAT like this. Everything is fair game. Look at the outline the AAMC provides and study off from there. The idea is not to know every single detail going in but to get the big idea and underlying concepts. You should focus with that in your mind.

Between my two exams I took I went through the OG after each one and checkmarked what I was tested on. Looking back on these marks I was tested on literally everything in the OG. EVERYthing will be tested in one way or another for the most part. I'm actually impressed how they managed to do it. Review your weak areas, they will come up.