Does this count as clinical experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elleiram

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may seem like a no-brainer to some people, but honestly, I'm lacking in clinical volunteering experience (25+ hours of ER volunteering) and I want this more to be "clinical" than not, but I'd like some opinions on it.

I am a community healthcorps member, so I'll be at a community health center dealing with patients, but here's the caveat: they are dental patients (children who may or may not be using the clinic part of the health center, if that matters). I haven't started my service yet, but from what they've told me, I'll be part of a pilot case management program for their dental program, so this is like social work. I've expressed my interest in medicine and community health centers prior to my acceptance to the program, and I was told that I'll get some opportunity to shadow physicians if that's in my interest (and hopefully, I'll be able to do some clinical volunteering on the weekends). I've already taken the initiative and contacted the medical director of the health center and asked if it would be possible for me to get a headstart since orientation starts in the last week of September.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.