Does this easy course-load look bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ace it and you'll be fine.

Would this be looked down upon for an MCAT semester?

Biochem. (4)
NEUR upper-division class (3)
Independent research study (3)
BIOL Research Internship - was selected for this (2)

Total: 12 credits

I was also going to take a PSYC class for my major but that's taking a lot of time to do well in and I really want to do the best I can on the old MCAT before it changes! Hope adcoms don't think I'm slacking! @Goro @LizzyM @gyngyn @hushcom

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would this be looked down upon for an MCAT semester?

Biochem. (4)
NEUR upper-division class (3)
Independent research study (3)
BIOL Research Internship - was selected for this (2)

Total: 12 credits

I was also going to take a PSYC class for my major but that's taking a lot of time to do well in and I really want to do the best I can on the old MCAT before it changes! Hope adcoms don't think I'm slacking! @Goro @LizzyM @gyngyn @hushcom

I took 12 credits while studying for the MCAT (one was a meditation class that was pass/fail) and I'm doing fine this application cycle. None of my interviewers have said anything about it either.

it is tough for us to see credits taken per term; it is easy to determine credits per academic year. As long as you balance the 12 credits with a 18 credit semester, no one is likely to notice how few credits you took in Fall.