Does this sound like a good plan?

M

markthedoctor

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah go to ASU or somewhere else fun and relatively cheap. If you are thinking medicine, the cost of one year of State U vs. CC is trivial. It will not only look better, but you'll make friends, have a blast, and maybe meet professors/mentors/research experience. College is usually 120 credits or 40 classes, little less if you have AP. An econ major is usually like 33 or 36 credits, like 11 classes out of 40. You'll have all the time in the world for 8 stupid premed classes, 4 of which should be trivial (gen chem and bio should not be hard for a competitive med applicant).

Also, if you are thinking med, do econ in the summer and med during the year; it will look better on apps, and generally summer econ classes are easier, whereas summer premed classes are harder.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and btw, easy on the cross posting, you are ruining us Arizonans street cred by posting 3 of the same thread lol

Just a thought---Why not go to a community college for a couple of years to save money, and then transfer to a respectable university? Med schools will see a bachelor degree from a good school. As long as you graduate from accredited schools and have the right prerequisites completed, competitive stats, and good EC's, who cares where your bachelor degree comes from?

You'll probably get a scholarship from at least ASU, but if you don't, community college FTW
(I went to MCC, CGCC, and Rio Salado lol)

S
You talking to me (since you quoted my post)? I assume you were referring to the OP. :)

Sorry, totally missed that I accidentally quoted you. Yeah I was referring to OP, who hasn't replied to me yet -_-

I'd personally just put in work and go to a university. Hopefully not go too much in debt, but to me the university experience is great.