Does this sound like an okay plan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTR1208

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I think I am going to pursue podiatry rather than dentistry. I am 90% set on this decision and plan to 100% decide over winter break after talking with some family and meeting with a couple other people to discuss it. That being said if I decide podiatry does this plan look okay and do I have a good shot?

I am finishing prerequisites (organic 2) this Spring. Then finishing my degree the following year.
Current Stats: oGPA 3.75 sGPA: 3.85

I was planning to take the MCAT around June and apply right when the cycle opens. Finish my degree 2015-2016 academic year and then matriculate Fall 2016.

However I was also curious and considering applying NOW. Taking my MCAT as soon as possible and possibly getting in without my bachelors degree next Fall. I would have all prerequisites, an MCAT score and my LOR's by the time I matriculate. Is this at all a possibility or am I too late?

Hopefully this is not too confusing... I can clarify anything needed. Any advice would be great! Thanks so much!

My top schools are Midwestern, Des Moines, New York, Kent State

Members don't see this ad.

The experience of applying would make it worth your time and effort. Be sure you obtain at least a 24 on new MCAT. Goos Luck.