Does USMLE test hair growth pathology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoboCommander

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What about pathology of hiccups?

Members don't see this ad.

all jokes aside, i **** my pants when i realized they had stuff as far out-there as full charts dedicated to "lightning associated pathology" in Uworld

Members don't see this ad :)
But what about pathology of hair loss? Pathology of acne? Have they ever showed up during exams?

I don't know about hair loss (aside from maybe side effects of drugs or something), but acne should be fair game. All that good pus- er, stuff - is in Pathoma.

y'know. All jokes aside.

But what about pathology of hair loss? Pathology of acne? Have they ever showed up during exams?
Don't be surprised at what the USMLE may throw you i have seen questions on it in some resources....as well as read both the effects of lightning and electrical burns and I also saw acne questions in UWorld their associated pathology' in Goljan so I wouldn't count it out as fair game on the exam.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, my friend had a COMLEX question last year that asked about alopecia and hormones related to its occurrence.

There's little use in pondering random topics. There were a few questions on topics on Step 1 that I hadn't seen in school, FA, UWorld, or Pathoma. You're going to get some of these and just do your best.

Yeah. Lightning and hair growth. Had both.

I wonder if they've ever asked a question about lighting AND hair growth-- what kind of bonds make the hair stand up on end when there's lighting? High yield, I'm telling you.

There's little use in pondering random topics. There were a few questions on topics on Step 1 that I hadn't seen in school, FA, UWorld, or Pathoma. You're going to get some of these and just do your best.

Well, I only miss a few questions. If I miss 2-3 fewer questions, that's a significant boost to me. I already did FA, UWorld, and Pathoma 5x each, so no point in going through those again.

Let's say that there are 1000 questions in the official USMLE question bank. Anything in there is going to be a big deal, even if it is about a muscle attachment of an insignificant little muscle.