Does Writing MCAT on June 2 vs June 18, 2016 Matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StethoscopeMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I plan on applying to Canadian and American medical schools this summer/October. Does it make a difference if I write the MCAT on June 2 vs June 18? Writing it on Saturday (June 18), compared with Thursday (June 2), would be more convenient, and the test center that is 2 blocks away from me is offering on June 18.

I am thinking of giving myself 3 months to study...

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think they matter too much within 16 days. I looked at what I was doing the previous year on those dates and decided then.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters much...I just made sure to pay attention to the score release calendar... I too signed up for 6/18 yesterday...I wanted to make sure the scores would be released by mid-July since I heard that non-traditional students should apply during that time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it matters much...I just made sure to pay attention to the score release calendar... I too signed up for 6/18 yesterday...I wanted to make sure the scores would be released by mid-July since I heard that non-traditional students should apply during that time.
So have you heard trad students are suppose to be earlier than that? I assume june2 is slightly better than 18 bc scores get out earlier. Any other thoughts :)

So have you heard trad students are suppose to be earlier than that? I assume june2 is slightly better than 18 bc scores get out earlier. Any other thoughts :)
I have heard that traditional students should definitely apply as early as possible. But everyone should have their app already completed as soon as possible with the exception of the MCAT score submission (if still waiting for scores).

I have heard that traditional students should definitely apply as early as possible. But everyone should have their app already completed as soon as possible with the exception of the MCAT score submission (if still waiting for scores).

Noob question: so verification takes approx 6-9 wks. Technically, when the june 18th scores come out, would that be the time when the app gets verified anyways? (If I would submit it the first week of june) June 2nd is during finals weeks, also its on a Tuesday...
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Noob question: so verification takes approx 6-9 wks. Technically, when the june 18th scores come out, would that be the time when the app gets verified anyways? (If I would submit it the first week of june) June 2nd is during finals weeks, also its on a Tuesday...
Any thoughts are appreciated.

I'd also like to know the answer to this question. Thanks in advance!

I feel I could be ready to take the June 2 mcat if it makes a difference for applying earlier. But if there is no difference from scores being released July 6th (June 2 mcat) or July 19th (June 18 mcat) I would rather take the June 18th exam to have more time to study and a closer exam location. I plan on submitting my AMCAS application within the first few days of June when it can be submitted. Does anyone know if having scores released early july compared to mid july will make a difference? Thanks so much!!