Does your MSTP cover Step1 fees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Does your MSTP pay for Step1?

• Yes

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • ?

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Oak

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seeing as step one is a requirement for advancement in med school, it seems that the MSTP grant should cover this under educational fees. Does it not? But here I am, registering for the test and no one from the mstp office has said a word about any compensation. Just wondering if anyone out there is having or has had the same experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure I took it out of the ol' stipend myself.

No I've never heard that. But when I had my NIH fellowship it covered step 2 cs and ck. A nice penny saved. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd never heard of that either. I think the question I'd like to ask is what schools DO pay that? One of the things that irks me about my school is that you end up paying a few required fees here and there (amounting to at most $100/year) that the program doesn't cover. I think it's deceptive advertising.

Even more important than who pays for Step 1 is who will pay for Step 2 CS :laugh: That exam is something like $1,000 and you have to travel to one of the few sites around the country where it's offered. :rolleyes:

I'd never heard of that either. I think the question I'd like to ask is what schools DO pay that? One of the things that irks me about my school is that you end up paying a few required fees here and there (amounting to at most $100/year) that the program doesn't cover. I think it's deceptive advertising.

Even more important than who pays for Step 1 is who will pay for Step 2 CS :laugh: That exam is something like $1,000 and you have to travel to one of the few sites around the country where it's offered. :rolleyes:

Um, Neuronix, OUR school pays for Step 1. Don't you go to Penn? :confused:
Or did that policy change???