Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
DVMDream 4 (zoovet, maddiegirl,thatredhead,sheepspoo)
LMMS 3 (jemapellejane, nordicat, cuitl..)
WTF 5 (krist,TT,WTF,LMMS,,heylodeb)
PSILoveThomas 1 (katie8)
Nyanko 3 (stormwater,DVMDream,Lissarae)
Heylodeb 1 (sooprnova)

Polls stay open until 9:30PM EST or until DNN projects the winners. Right now it is looking like a recount may be necessary as hanging chads may matter once again. Approx 3/4 of the results are in. Less than 6 hours left. If we finish early, we can get an early start on the first night, and maybe get results out tonight!

I wanted to post this publicly so I could confirm with you, SOV, and with others here:

Chebanse said:
We do have to pick someone from our group to represent us even if we don't get to pick alpha, right? I am also a noob so I am happy to elect WTF. Any objections?

The top vote getter will be alpha dog. Only 1 player from each group may be a leader, so the next 3 unique vote getters will become leaders.

No, we don't need to pick a specific group representative. deveryone can post individually. The Alpha and Beta business is for the entire group as a whole (ie, all 25 or so players) not just our group. That is, there will be one Alpha and 3 Betas, and each one must be from a different group (ie, two betas cannot both be from the Toy group).

Helpful hint Chebanese - make sure to always use the "reply all" button so we can all get the info. I think you only sent that last one to me :) Dun worry, I do it all the time.

No, we don't need to pick a specific group representative. deveryone can post individually. The Alpha and Beta business is for the entire group as a whole (ie, all 25 or so players) not just our group. That is, there will be one Alpha and 3 Betas, and each one must be from a different group (ie, two betas cannot both be from the Toy group)

So when it comes time to "maul" someone, we each post a vote and whoever has the most votes is removed from game play?

Elect Nordicat

That is if you have time Nordicat, I feel kinda bad electing when I don't know what people's schedules are like.

WTF 5 (krist,TT,WTF,LMMS,,heylodeb)
LMMS 4 (jmj, nordicat, cuitl..psilt)
PSILoveThomas 1 (katie8)
Heylodeb 1 (sooprnova)
TT 1 (graduatedly)
Nordicat 1(squirrels rule)

Polls stay open until 9:30PM EST or until DNN projects the winners. No one has a lock on a spot yet, any candidate can still be alpha. Waiting for 4 more votes. Less than 5 hours left. If we finish early, we can get an early start on the first night, and maybe get results out tonight!

Last edited:
Elect Nordicat

That is if you have time Nordicat, I feel kinda bad electing when I don't know what people's schedules are like.

Full-time worker 12-8, full-time lazy woman 8-12 :cool: Typing this from work right now...:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Since I don't have time..
Unelect psilt (myself)
Elect LMMS

WHAT'S IN THE HOLE! I WANNA SEEEEE!

original_mountain_cur_895_11.jpg

Ok, will stop gratuitous pic posting :D
I kind of like it!

A note to all players who have a role that requires a PM:. I will try to send you a message tonight to remind you to PM me.

BUT.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, send me a PM every night, even if it just says "no action tonight", this way I do not have to wait to see if you will PM me.

If you have a role that is "responsive," no need to PM me, as you have to wait until we see what happens and then I will PM you only if appropriate. Please look out for those PMs, otherwise I will do the default action, which is usually nothing.

If you are unclear, please PM me before NIGHT. I know this seems confusing, but once we get started it will be a lot easier!

It has a been a long day 1, looking forward to see how you all play.

WTF 6 (krist,TT,WTF,LMMS,,heylodeb,devyn)
PSILoveThomas 1 (katie8)
Heylodeb 1 (sooprnova)
TT 1 (graduatedly)
Nordicat 1(squirrels rule)

Polls stay open until 9:30PM EST or until DNN projects the winners. WTF and DVMdream look like they have a spot locked up. Waiting for 3 more votes. 2 hours left. If we finish early, we can get an early start on the first night, and maybe get results out tonight!

DVMDream 5(zoovet, maddiegirl,thatredhead,sheepspoo,nyanko)
Nordicat 2(squirrels rule, nyanko)
PSILoveThomas 1 (katie8)
Heylodeb 1 (sooprnova)
TT 1 (graduatedly)

It's a nail biter- gonna be decided on the last vote!

Polls stay open until 9:30PM EST or until DNN projects the winners. WTF and DVMdream and LMMS have spots locked up. Waiting for the last vote with under 2 hours left. I am going to eat so hopefully this will be over when I get back.

5 dogs in this picture.. Let's count how many paws are actually touching the ground. I say 3 max. Probably 2. maybe 1.

I noticed that, too! So amazing.

Anyways, when do we decide to lynch? After we have elected alpha and beta?

Anyways, when do we decide to lynch? After we have elected alpha and beta?
It's always the chihuahua with the aggression issues. LOL.
First you have to live through the night. Then during the DAY, you get to vote on the lynching. That would be tomorrow morning. Unless of course you are a wolf, in which case you get to attack someone tonight.

Tick tock Tick tock. Just waiting for chebanse!

Ack! Sorry for the wait guys!!! I am visiting my sister and she is an hour behind my usual time.

Nyanko

Of course it went down to the final minutes.. Isn't that always the way!!!

Final Tally:
DVMDream 5(zoovet, maddiegirl,thatredhead,sheepspoo,nyanko)
Nyanko 4(stormwater,DVMDream,Lissarae,cheb)
Nordicat 2(squirrels rule, nyanko)
PSILoveThomas 1 (katie8)
Heylodeb 1 (sooprnova)
TT 1 (graduatedly)

So congratulations to the Pack.
Your new Alpha Dog is WTF, a mountain cur from the Hound group. A fine and experienced leader.

Your new Beta Dogs:
DVMDream, a cavalier king charles spaniel from the Toy group.
LMMS, a flat-coated retriever from the Sporting group. and
Nyanko, an Aussie from the Herding group.

Condolences to the Terriers and the Working Group who are unrepresented by leaders.

I will send e-mails to the new leaders shortly.

It is now: 1st NIGHT
If you have an active role, please send me a PM by 11:30pm EST (if not sooner please) with what action if any you plan to take tonight.

Have a safe night in the forest.

Alrighty guys! As an experienced wolf hunter *officiouscough* *officiouscough*, I hope to lead the dogs to victory :D. W00t! Uh, I mean, Ruff!

*w00f w00f!* ;)
Sooo.....like......yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhhh......hello, world!:p

I'm obviously fit to deal with any wolf-in-sheep's-clothing that may turn up. See what I did there?

rofldogthought128513636615781250.jpg

Ok. My first word of advice to all the dogs out there. Do NOT publicly post all the details of your item if you have an investigatory item, ie, one that can tell you if someone is a wolf or a dog. This makes you a prime wolf target.

Second word of advice
: Whoever the seer/investigator is, look at me and the Betas first and foremost. We are in positions of potential power, and need to be cleared via investigation as to our roles.

Third word of advice: There are several nuances to this game that I will talk about if they become apparent. I don't know SOVs setup, but if it looks like something wonky is happening, I will offer my best suggestions as to what twist the game may have taken, simply because I've played several games here and have seen some wonky stuff ;)

And as an aside: Usually the Mayor (or Alpha in this game, aka me) is the first one to go in these games because the wolves want to get into power...but I have a few surprises of my own, wolfies.

Stay tuned and happy hunting.

Last edited:
I'm obviously fit to deal with any wolf-in-sheep's-clothing that may turn up. See what I did there?

And then I can run out and retrieve the bodies...

Ok. My first word of advice to all the dogs out there. Do NOT publicly post your item if you have a defensive item; ie, one that can protect you against wolf attacks. If they know you have it, they will leave you alone. Not saying anything will increase the chance of them attacking you and either failing in their attack or getting killed in the process of attacking you

Or you can say you have an item when you don't and then maybe keep from being attacked. It's like poker. Truth or lie, say whatever you want- see if anyone calls your bluff, eh?

Aaaaand I changed defensive to investigatory because I wanted to slightly brag bout mine. Oh Lord. It's 10pm on a Friday, I've had two glasses of wine, and I am most certainly NOT showing my WW chops :laugh: Ok no moar edit! I think the last game in the Lounge wrecked my brain.

there's not a lot of posting going on yet. Come on people, I'm trying to watch and learn. ;)

there's not a lot of posting going on yet. Come on people, I'm trying to watch and learn. ;)
(so are we :laugh:)

But first I will be the really quick bait dog that leads them into our trap...:D

Hooray! Everyone has a role now! And with that, I should take my punchy, sorry rear end to bed... Night!

If anyone out there is looking to do some backyard breeding, let me know. I hear bloodhound mixes have high street value these days :laugh:

After a long day of figuring out the social order of the pack, the pack heads off to happy hour content that the new leaders would be able to keep everyone safe. One of the happiest is the bloodhound who aced her doggie exams today, doing especially well in finding medicinal pharmacological herbs. She is telling everyone in sight about her new boyfriend, and how in a few days that they might actually "do it." After a few too many she wanders into the forest for a few seconds privacy where a dark shadow emerges, pounces down on her and viciously mauls her. She looks back towards the clearing and sees the eyes of an angelic dog, "She could save me, couldn't she?", she prays desperately. She is right, this dog COULD save her, but the watching dog flicks her ears back, turns around and walks away.

A few minutes later the lifeless body of LissaRae06, the bloodhound, and a bitch of the pack, is found by the pack.

Howling, barking, growling, and crying ensues. In the chaos, another shadow emerges, but from where? It seems to be all over them. It heads straight towards the herding group, but one of the group bravely steps forward and fights off the intruder. In the confusion, no one remembers who it was who was the hero of the night, although they do remember seeing someone slink off into the forest. This mysterious attacker and the mysterious defender dominate the discussion, and poor LissaRae's body is temporarily forgotten and left to the vultures.

As the discussions continue a growing murmur fills the air. It is talk of revenge, revenge on poor what's her name, who was killed, revenge against that loathsome attacker who was run off, and revenge for the brave defender who slunk off. But who shall they focus their anger on. That is thought now on every dog's mind. They taste blood in their mouths. They will maul someone. Someone is going to die TODAY!
It is DAY2. Your task is to elect one player to maul by 9:30 PM EST or when a plurality of those available to vote is reached. There are 23 canids left alive in the forest.

.Sporting Group
1- Katie8 (Vizsla)
2- Maddiegirl (Lab)
3- Graduatedly (Weimaraner)
4- LMMS (Flat Coated Retriever)

Hound Group
.***Lissarae06 (Bloodhound). ***
2- WhtsThFrequency (Mountain Cur)
3-Chebanse (greyhound)
4- Sheepdogpsu (Irish Wolfhound)

Working Group
1- dyachei (Alaskan Malamute)
2- Nordicat (Mutt - until the DNA tests come back)
3- jemappellejane (Newfoundland)
4- cuitlamiztli (Siberian Husky)

Toy Group
1- Heylodeb (Min Pin)
2- DVMDream (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
3- StormWater (Yorkie)
4 - Psilovethomas (chihuahua)
5) -Dino (Italian Greyhound)

Terrier Group
1- devyn (Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
2- that redhead (Miniature Bull Terrier)
3- zoovet (Black Russian Terrier)
4-squirrelsrule (Boston Terrier)

Herding Group
1- krist (GSD)
2-twelvetigers (Pembroke Welsh corgi)
3-nyanko (Australian Shepherd)
4- sooprnova (Australian Cattle Dog)

Dammit, I knew that was going to happen.

:eek: *howls in mourning* Sorry, LissaRae...:( I shall avenge thee! *grrrrrrrrrrrowl*