Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If my calculations are correct - there are only 2 more people to vote and it might be hard to make sure they BOTH do...

so how about no more voting and we'll let it role until 11:30? (there are not enough people to get a pleurality on both of them anyway....)

Members don't see this ad.

If my calculations are correct - there are only 2 more people to vote and it might be hard to make sure they BOTH do...

so how about no more voting and we'll let it role until 11:30? (there are not enough people to get a pleurality on both of them anyway....)

Seconded!

There should be three more, because there are 7 players left. I think we should wait and give them a chance.. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
There should be three more, because there are 7 players left. I think we should wait and give them a chance.. ;)

Nope. Only 2 - TT is silenced.....you are going down, missy!

I guess I wont vote then. Are we dogs about to win?!

Good... dog...
You guys won't win by killing me anyways! :p

I guess I wont vote then. Are we dogs about to win?!

I hope so....Who knows what SOV has up his sleeve. Knowing our luck, there are folks from the preallo forum that have been preying on us all along....

*Sigh* So ignorant.. I guess you can lead a dog to a bone, but you can't make it take it..

I keep thinking about it and I am so impressed SOV. This game is so fun! I would have never figured it out haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn that wolf those wolves..

oh for heaven's sake......

My thoughts exactly. I wonder who will die after tonight..

Actually sheepdog, you should vote. But who will it be? Someone who can't kill you or your... enemy? A killer or someone who can only injure a little bit..

Me thinks I need to throw a bone at y'all's heads instead of just leading you there..

SOV - aren't non-players not allowed to talk strategy?

I have no idea what is going on right now in this game.

I'm supposed to encourage.. ;)
But ok, I'll be quiet now. But don't say I didn't try..

Sooo we are all supposed to kill WTF and ignore petpony?!

Not what I said.. haha

my impression is that PetPony is trying to dissuade us from voting for her and that is her reasoning for trying to confuse us. Merely assuming, though

*facepalm* You guys know that I can hurt you, so I am not delusional enough to think I'm gonna survive this. So no. That's not what I meant..

OMG whats going to happen?!

I think Mr. GeeBee would like in on one of these games. this is crazy good.

A traitor to both wolves and dogs, that sure is a thing. Well played WTF!

But honestly, how cliche is it to make the alpha be a wolf. Jeez.

How do we all feel about moving the vote deadline to 10:30pm. in 15 minutes. If anyone objects..... Please send me a PM (in case you don't want to say it in "public".

Something's going down at 11:29.....

:oops:

This didn't help me at all..

remaining players - please protect me tonight if there is more! :)

SOV - please tell me you are posting soon.....I am having a terrible time trying to study!!

lol - that's not in my breed description.....'sidez, Neuro is eating me alive. Literally.....

The little baby birds start chirping, hungry for worms, the small forest mammals crawl out of their burrows with the first light of day, the bunnies start hopping, and the deer prancing, it is the start of a gorgeous day in the forest. And little heylodeb peeks out of her burrow, shakes the cobwebs out of her head and is happy to be alive. Not just happy, but amazed that she has managed to die and be reborn, that no wolfie came by in the middle of the night to finish her off.

She starts to walk slowly, but in moments she is running as fast her little mini-legs can take her to spread the news. She KNOWS. Yes, she knows. She knows secrets that others have died with… Others like IloveThomas, and Nyanko. If she can just avoid that traitor-ess, that dog who should have been suspect from the beginning having a boyfriend nicknamed WW. The fates have smiled on heylodeb because she was reborn, she made it through the night, and now she has made it back to the clearing.

She announces to all the world what she knows. And miraculously there is no argument, no disagreement.. .when confronted with a truth, the pack members just KNOW they can believe it. No, they have never, ever been deceived. It’s not like Heylodeb could trick them and get them all to vote for the wrong people! No, on this day, with this wonderful feeling in the air that is just not even in the realm of possibility.

In fact, not even does the pack buy into this revelation, but the wolfie targets herself, the traitor-ess, the alpha turned lupine decides to out herself for all the world to hear. Come see the wolf in all its glory, happy even proud to be a wolf. The shameless display of wolfishness is admired by some, but still feared by others. This wolf does not seem to be trapped, it seems more like it is laying a trap for us… Does it know something we don’t? Have we forgotten some basic piece of information about this wolf? Nah. We know what we are doing, the dogs say to themselves.

Ah, but a wolf isn’t the only creature to be ensnared today. The pack has finally gotten that pest from above that has been harassing them since the beginning of this saga. A hawk. That is beyond belief, that is unfair, that is cheating mutter some. Perhaps. Perhaps. Regardless, the pest will be disposed of shortly. So the pack decides to use an archaic technique called “the tie” to rid themselves of two dangers in one single day. Never before has such a maneuver been attempted, let alone successfully been completed, in the past. But this determined group is ready to give it a go.

Although small in number, the remaining pack members are strong in faith and experience and they are relieved to finally, finally be rid of their enemies. This will be declared V-W day; No, not the car you silly pups, but Victory over Wolf day. Little pup-lets will learn the story of how 6 brave dogs were left to witness the triumph of good over evil. That is right, the dogs are already planning their legacies, thinking of nick names to make them sound more glorious, “Katie8 the great” and “12 tigers, 12 miracles” and “devyn the destroyer”. Yes, this is one cocky bunch.

But first, we must get back to the tasks at hand.

Up first for mauling: I introduce to you, PetPony, the hawk, the last of the secret animal characters. PetPony played the game as well as it could be played. Learned EVERYONE’s role. Hell, she knew what was going on better than your mod at times! Would have been a real resource if only she were to turned to the dogs side. But the dogs don’t want to worry about details like this, because they just want to end this here and now. They need a rest. They deserve it. Plus you never know when the next WW game might be starting up, so let’s do this…. PetPony, you evaded wolves, you fed judiciously, but you were not invincible. Petpony the hawk has been killed.

Now for the feature event; The story that will be retold for many seasons in the forest. The story of WTF who shamelessly campaigned to be the leader of this furry bunch and won the election, who had to give up her post as a guard dog of the Hound Group to accept the mantle of Alpha dog, and who gained new powerful powers and abilities unbeknownst to any other player. She appointed a wolf as her guardian (accidentally?). She led the charge to maul several wolves while a leader. She was turned to the dark side by that redhead, and then she embraced her role with gusto. She fed disinformation mixed with truth in every post. She was a wily wolf. She assassinated Nyanko, one of her Betas.. Ultimately though, she chose to let the minipin live, and that was her undoing.
WTF, ex-guard dog, Alpha Dog, Canis Dirus, yes the extinct (again) Dire Wolf, you are DEAD (cue celebratory music in the background- John Phillip Sousa or something).

So it is on day 11 that the dog pack has eliminated their 2 enemies. And peace reigns supreme over the land. 6 emotionally drained dogs cheer each other, do a little grooming, and look forward to their first good, deep sleep in a week-and-a half. There is no better feeling than a job well done, and give yourselves a scratch on the back, you have accomplished quite a lot, more than I thought you could at one time. 5 wolves killed, 4 creatures of the forest buried in the land, and 1 potentially dangerous hybrid dispatched. Kudos Kudos.

Now if you can just make it through this night….. maybe, just maybe…. life will return back to normal. It would be nice if life could resume the pleasantness that it was in the forest before the days of the wolves.

I can’t tell you if you won, only you should know that in your hearts, you who have relied on your instincts for these 11 days.
Did you win?
Is the game over? I guess we all find out tomorrow...

There are 6 survivors.

Sporting Group
1- Katie8 (Vizsla)
*** Maddiegirl (Lab)***
***Graduatedly (Weimaraner)]/s]
**** LMMS (Flat Coated Retriever)****

Hound Group
.***Lissarae06 (Bloodhound). The Ghost of Lost Love***
2- WhtsThFrequency (Mountain Cur)
***Chebanse (greyhound)****
4- Sheepdogpsu (Irish Wolfhound)

Working Group
***dyachei (Alaskan Malamute)***
*** Nordicat (Leonberger)***
***jemappellejane (Newfoundland)***
4- cuitlamiztli (Siberian Husky)

Toy Group
1- Heylodeb (Min Pin)
***DVMDream (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
*** StormWater (Yorkie) ***
*** Psilovethomas (chihuahua)****
***** -Dino (Italian Greyhound)*****

Terrier Group
1- devyn (Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
***that redhead (Miniature Bull Terrier)****
**** zoovet (Black Russian Terrier) *****
***squirrelsrule (Boston Terrier)***

Herding Group
*****krist (GSD)*******
2-twelvetigers (Pembroke Welsh corgi)
***3-nyanko (Australian Shepherd)
***sooprnova (Australian Cattle Dog)****

It is Night 11 … Please send me your PMs by 12:00 pm (noon) EST tomorrow if you have any role left to play.

I'm liking the paragraph about me! Very nice! ;) Good luck, pups! :p

I'm liking the paragraph about me! Very nice! ;) Good luck, pups! :p

looks like we could have tried to win you over, PetPony but alas....

:corny: This is really good SOV!

I couldn't have been more obvious than I was already without breaking the rules. I tried as much as I could, but now I will be silent regarding players and their roles..
This was a very awesome game though for playing it the first time! Exactly my kinda thing!

:corny: This is really good SOV!
Honestly, I kept on switching back in forth in my mind thinking who was winning... This played out (is playing out) surprisingly well.

Can you explain how to get that popcorn eating smiley? I have never succeeded in posting non-SDN smileys in SDN (or in e-mails etc..).

I couldn't have been more obvious than I was already without breaking the rules. I tried as much as I could, but now I will be silent regarding players and their roles..
This was a very awesome game though for playing it the first time! Exactly my kinda thing!

Don't worry, I called you out to SOV just to try to make sure you didn't confuse the crap out of anyone. No true hard feelings, meant! ;) I've gotta job to do!

Honestly, I kept on switching back in forth in my mind thinking who was winning... This played out (is playing out) surprisingly well.

Can you explain how to get that popcorn eating smiley? I have never succeeded in posting non-SDN smileys in SDN (or in e-mails etc..).
When you go to make a post, click the more link under the smilies and then make the window that pops up full screen. There are lots more to choose from!

It's an SDN smiley. Just click on [More} under the regular smilies next to the text box.

We were told to encourage the actual players to kill people that we wanted dead so we could win. That was all I tried to do without flat out talking about someone's role. I still wanna watch you struggle. :p