Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay! Congrats Dogs! And SOV, thanks for modding! Awesome game!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought both sides did really well. I was never sure who was going to win until almost the very end. A few decisions either side made a big difference.

* LMMS not choosing to kill WTF turned out to be a big help when WTF was turned. Ironic.
* Letting Heylodeb live many times was the wolves undoing in the end.
* Nordicats attack on a wolf was briliant if not for the guard dog being around. Sorry Nordicat.
* Not killing Nyanko after her investigation was also a key point, although Nyanko was killed after the 2nd investigation.

I just want to briefly describe why I set up the game the way I did.

*I searched the internet to find the right number of wolves for a game this size. 5-6 seemed about right in a "traditional" game.
*I wanted to give almost everyone a role so it wouldn't be too boring. That made the game a little more complicated than I wanted.
* With all the roles, especially the guard dogs, I needed to even the sides so I added the secret roles of the animals (who played for themselves.. they were not allied with either side).... They added some randomness to the silencing, and helped get guard dogs out of the way for attacks.
* I really wanted an ability for dead players to come back, hence the bitch and the stud. Unfortunately you took out the bitch right away, so I gave Lissa a shot to come back as a ghost (the only change in the game after it started). Thought about adding another bitch, but that seemed too contrived. Lissa was hilarious trying to find her romeo.
* I liked the zombie/rabies idea. Didn't think it would come up so late in the game. I KNEW WTF would go for it.
* I thought you guys would pick up on the importance of the guard dogs earlier, but once they outed themselves I really thought the wolves might win, as they were pretty methodical about removing the important ones.

Anyway, that is what I was thinking. I felt it went better than I could have expected my first time modding. You were all a lot of fun.

I need a vacation.
Cheers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think what surprised me most about this game is how long the sniffers stayed alive after they outed themselves to everyone. If I had been a wolf, I would have taken them out ASAP!

Good game doggies, it was hard work being a secret wolf for two weeks. Thanks SOV, the game was awesome ( and very addicting, maybe I'll actually be able to study this week).

I think what surprised me most about this game is how long the sniffers stayed alive after they outed themselves to everyone. If I had been a wolf, I would have taken them out ASAP!

We tried to kill them many times but it took us a while to figure out how guard dogs worked and we had to take them out first. Also TT kept healing people, which was very annoying.:D

Actually Heylodeb was uncovered the 5th night. Amazing she made it to the end.
But then I was LMAO with everyone worrying about you being an evil character. I never thought that love was such a dirty word!

And your welcome dogs and wolves. It was my pleasure.... Although it will be nice to rejoin my life (and wife).

*Peruses list* Come on SOV, what about my Canine Good Citizen Role that I so graciously contributed via my wolfy group? ;)

This was a GREAT game! Thanks so much for modding. Lots of twists and turns.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cuitsmantjsl?!

So what does your username mean?!?!

Way to go dogs :). And SOV, I am so impressed. This game was way fun!!! Can't wait for the next one!

*Peruses list* Come on SOV, what about my Canine Good Citizen Role that I so graciously contributed via my wolfy group? ;)

Yeah, well I am a jealous SOV. Annoyed that anyone came up with such a good role for my game.

And WTF, you almost came out the winner.... If they mauled Sheepu instead of burning you, you could have infected the whole group in a couple of days.

I think the whole pack would have turned on me if that happened though!:laugh:

Better than C-dog!

It's the Aztec name for a cryptid cat -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onza. It's been my default username for a looonngg time.
I think it makes a better password. Really, even if they know your password, who is going to type it correctly!

I just abbreviated as cuitl for my game notes.

Night 9: Heylodeb investigates: Petpony & WTF assassination
Nyanko sees WTF assassination and Petpony.
PetPony attacks Nyanko successfully.
WTF assassination on Nyanko is successful
WTF kills heylodeb
Twelve Tigers saves heylodeb.
Nyanko passes on her ability to TwelveTigers

It's the circle of what the christ

Thanks SOV! It was interesting seeing how the game was played.
I cannot wait for the next one :D.

Yippee!!!!!

That was AWESOME! I really enjoyed it!

I couldn't believe I stayed alive so long either. Every night I cringed when I read the DNN.

I think what really turned the game was when I used the "cause" one. I happened to use that ability on the PERFECT night. Lucky!! Found out so much on that one! Being silenced for a while day and night after that one almost made me go crazy. Literally. I was twitching.

great game! :)

From a first timer, I have to say that this was SO, so fun. SOV, you did an awesome job. So awesome that I spent my Friday night watching other people play an online message board game!

Great, awesome, fun. Can't wait for the next one!

Great twist in the ending there! Can't believe I was killed, but good to see that my name was cleared in the end. :D

Really enjoyed being a part of it and was amazed at how much it took over my life. :laugh: Had trouble studying for my midterm as I wanted to find out what happened. Definitely would join up on another one in the future. Thanks so much for all of your hardwork SOV!

*I wanted to give almost everyone a role so it wouldn't be too boring. That made the game a little more complicated than I wanted.
I was waiting for aliens to start abducting some of the dogs!:laugh:

Thanks again SOV, we really appreciate the thought and time that went into this.

* Nordicats attack on a wolf was briliant if not for the guard dog being around. Sorry Nordicat.
:love: Thanks, SOV!
See, Squirrels? I wasn't gunning for ya :p

This was AH-MAZING, I totally enjoyed the whole game! I thought I was gonna die the first night. :laugh: Not EVERYONE lies all the time!

I also thoroughly enjoyed getting to know everyone a little better! Good game, all! :thumbup:

Applause all around for SOV. This.might be the first time I've contributed so much to a thread :D

Definitely didn't see the twist coming into the game! Now it is time to get back to reality lol

So I've been reading this whole thing kind of stalker-like. It sounds like a lot of fun and would love to play if another game ever gets started on here. (Though I don't know who would be brave/crazy enough to moderate another game)

So I have decided on a theme for my WW game. The only question is, when to start it? Do you guys need a break from any games or would you want to start in a week or 2?

So I have decided on a theme for my WW game. The only question is, when to start it? Do you guys need a break from any games or would you want to start in a week or 2?

Do you want a co-mod? I'd rather let all the new kids play and just watch from above this time.

Alternately, you need to tell me everyone's roles so I can watch and know what's going on - I think that would be more fun.

Or how about 'assistant mod'? Lol. Not trying to steal any thunder.

Do you want a co-mod? I'd rather let all the new kids play and just watch from above this time.

Alternately, you need to tell me everyone's roles so I can watch and know what's going on - I think that would be more fun.

Or how about 'assistant mod'? Lol. Not trying to steal any thunder.
We could possibly co-mod. I think I am going to steal Nutmeg's idea and do items instead of roles (except wolfies).

I would soo love to finally join instead of stalk... I'm assuming people want to wait a couple weeks??

I know people mention a vet school... What about a cat theme? Or should it be more canine like?

EDIT: Didn't realize you said you already figured out a theme! whoops

:love: Thanks, SOV!
See, Squirrels? I wasn't gunning for ya :p

This was AH-MAZING, I totally enjoyed the whole game! I thought I was gonna die the first night. :laugh: Not EVERYONE lies all the time!

I also thoroughly enjoyed getting to know everyone a little better! Good game, all! :thumbup:

Glad you weren't after me :D. A warning or something in the thread would have been nice, but I probably still would have guarded thatredhead because she had me fooled.

I enjoyed the game looking back over it. I'll admit second night I got really pissed. Dang PetPony attacking me and I guarded and then the wolves got zoovet. I didn't like that twist with outside players in the game. That plus not having a leader in my group made it kinda hard to get a handle on what was going on at all.

ditto :D

As a n00b to this forum overall, this game totally made me understand how to actually "use" it :laugh: :laugh: (thanks for suffering through a couple of post fails)

cheers to a great game everyone! Can't wait to see what Lissarae has in store:eek:

Dang, I'm good. ;) I totally knew sheepdog was a wolf for the longest time! :p

This was great! I spent way too much time trying to figure out everyone's posts and stuff, but it was so much fun! I love that kinda stuff.

:love:

YAY! Dogs WIN!!!

SOV, thanks for an absolutely fun distraction from my enormously long days at work and from waiting for answers from vet schools. It really was awesome to have something else to do/think about.

WTF: Glad to hear that you did not start as a wolf, although you have to admit that without my defending you when people started to accuse you as being a wolf, you may not have made it quite as long in this game. I also gave you quite a bit of information that probably helped you and the other wolves...jerk; I believed you until some of those PM's at the very end of the game and right after nyanko's death then I started to get suspicious and you BARELY beat me to the punch; I was going to kill you that same night you finally killed me. ;):p

I had lots of fun with everyone though! :D

I think next time I will probably just watch though instead of participate, or at least make sure I will not be working insane hours while trying to play. Thanks for a good time and a great distraction from the other stresses in life! :D

Great game, SOV! Thanks for keeping us hooked, even though it was hard work.:)

I for sure thought Squirrels was a wolf since I died attacking her. We also know that she was a guard and I thought that might be an excellent twist because then she could tell her fellow wolves who she was guarding and use her option to not guard at the end of the game if necessary.

I want to play a new game, but I think I need a short break.

Great game, SOV! Thanks for keeping us hooked, even though it was hard work.:)

I for sure thought Squirrels was a wolf since I died attacking her. We also know that she was a guard and I thought that might be an excellent twist because then she could tell her fellow wolves who she was guarding and use her option to not guard at the end of the game if necessary.

I want to play a new game, but I think I need a short break.

That's what I meant when I said squirrelsrule was the only one confusing me! I so thought that she was a wolf and thought it'd be a great way to confuse people.

Not a wolf, just a ferocious protector of the terriers :D. Sad none of us lived to the end :(, but we were the underdogs from the start. I think the only group that had it worse than us was the working group with no leader and a wolf and a hybrid. Nordicat was a much better player than me, though and took care of her wold and hybrid quickly.

I didn't realize I looked suspicious to anyone. Was trying to be as open as possible. If I decide to play again (I said I wouldn't but I probably will :) ) I'm gonna be less trusting of my group and probably even more suspicious :D.

First, and foremost, thank you SOV for a marvelously imaginative game! Yes, not killing WTF did turn out to be a major faux pa in the end; but at the time we figured it to be a good strategy. Oh well. Good show, dogs!! And wolves, thank you for granting me my last request before dying: sparing Katie8. I'm totally thrilled she made it to the end!! My old Dungeon Master self had a blast and even enjoyed 'watching' from the afterlife. Perhaps, sometime in the future, if folks are up for it, I would love to mod one of these and give my imagination a good work out. Thinking about a safari type theme... Hyenas instead of wolfs?

Great job, all! And once again, major props to SOV!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I have not received any PMs in over 40 hours.
I have not received any votes to maul in over 40hours.

How am I supposed to work if this thread does not continue to be updated?
I can't possible focus on this stuff all day long.

HELP!!!!

Maul Vote:
SOV 1 (SOV)

Ah, that feels a little better.

I have not received any PMs in over 40 hours.
I have not received any votes to maul in over 40hours.

How am I supposed to work if this thread does not continue to be updated?
I can't possible focus on this stuff all day long.

HELP!!!!

Maul Vote:
SOV 1 (SOV)

Ah, that feels a little better.

I thought about jokingly sending you a PM last night with my sniffer request.... ;)

How many votes for pleurality this time??

Maul SOV