Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And then, we must wonder WHY the shadow was heading for the herding group next...

Members don't see this ad.

Tough cookies, Lissarae06. You're still top bitch in my book. This is better than Dateline... :corny:

I'm exhausted now and need to be up in seven hours, but just FYI people: bolded names (ie the bitch of the pack) often mean something special. Unless SOV is just trying to be a douche ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm exhausted now and need to be up in seven hours, but just FYI people: bolded names (ie the bitch of the pack) often mean something special. Unless SOV is just trying to be a douche ;)
This made me laugh :laugh:

Lol WTF. Nice.

I will just say that the killing of a 'skilled' player seems like something another 'skilled' player would do. I suspect there's a non-noob among the wolfie ranks. But who knows - that's just conjecture.

I suspect my group has a wolf among its ranks.

Going back to what WTF was saying earlier, is it better to keep quiet on special items/powers, etc or to share them?

I'm with TT -- seems like at least one wolf is a 'skilled' player. Or they're just targeting 'skilled' players in general. I have a few other suspicions, but nothing to back them up, so I'm not sure sharing them so early is a good idea...

NordiCat -- We have met the enemy and he is us? Any evidence?

Krist -- I'm guessing it's better to keep quiet for now? Unless you really want to share... or want to be targeted...

I'm with TT -- seems like at least one wolf is a 'skilled' player. Or they're just targeting 'skilled' players in general. I have a few other suspicions, but nothing to back them up, so I'm not sure sharing them so early is a good idea...

NordiCat -- We have met the enemy and he is us? Any evidence?

Krist -- I'm guessing it's better to keep quiet for now? Unless you really want to share... or want to be targeted...

I'm suspecting YOU, cuitlamdjdjdixwtli (sorry! couldn't help myself...your name is a bit difficult)! Since wolves cannot PM anyone but other wolves, and I have received PM's from both JMJ and Dyachei but you have yet to respond to any of our group PMs...

...just a theory!

Crapulence...I stand corrected, C is not a wolf!

I'm suspecting YOU, cuitlamdjdjdixwtli (sorry! couldn't help myself...your name is a bit difficult)! Since wolves cannot PM anyone but other wolves, and I have received PM's from both JMJ and Dyachei but you have yet to respond to any of our group PMs...

...just a theory!

Incorrect! Wolves can PM within their respective groups freely. They can also PM amongst themselves, as wolves.

So anything you share with your group, you may very well be sharing with a wolf. Or you could be a wolf. Being all sneaky and wolfy.

In short, the only way to catch someone at being a wolf is to:

Out them with a skill (if there is someone able to 'see' in this game - but we don't know the roles so who knows about that)

or to catch them in a lie, or acting suspicious, or trying to rally for a 'maul' and then the 'maul-ee' turns out to be a good person...

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm about to hit the sack - don't want to mess up my sleep schedule too much.

Oooh thanks for the clarification!! I misread that earlier. Good to know! :laugh:

Dawn breaks over the forest to a sanctuary covered in fresh, white snow. The canids, wake up, some alert, some sleepy-eyed, stretch and look around with snow covering their ears, their muzzles, their bodies. A few shakes and soon there is snow flying sideways off of dogs everywhere. One youngster, showing off his abilities to count as well as any hominid, starts counting, and soon others join in... 9,10......14,15.......18,19.......20,21,22. But someone is missing from the group. Who would leave the group in this nasty weather.

Soon all the dogs are sniffing around following tracks. They unearth a few squirrels, a raccoon, scare a host of birds, and still no sign of the missing dog. If only, it weren't snowing and we could look around more. Someone finally founds an area that smells like dog.....someone slept here away from the group last night, and has gone off on their own. But who? And Why? Soon, the dogs unearth more interesting tracks to practice following, deer, and rats, and snakes, and cats, and more.

As there have apparently been no new deaths, the mood continues light-hearted, until they stumble across the forgotten body of lissarae. Once again, thoughts turn dark, and they all have one thought in mind.. MAUL. MAUL. MAUL. MAUL.
And so the pack begins to discuss who is the obvious choice to pay for this crime.

Remember, you can vote to Maul anyone in the game (in your group or out of your group). Discuss your choices in PMs within your group, and on this thread, and post your vote here in Bold (Maul SOV). If you can reach an early plurality we can try to move things along briskly, otherwise 9:30PM EST deadline.

Also, if you have a nighttime role you can PM me early if you plan on being out partying or studying or whatever. Better safe than mauled.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is pretty interesting :D and more complicated than I thought.
So the bolded names *might* be roles?
Coolio.

Is there any way to know the roles or how many wolves there are? Or is that all secret info. except to those involved- like wolves are able to PM other wolves so would have to know who they are?

Any good info. to share alpha and betas?

Hey look, it's me!
images

I just wish I had found my romeo before I went and died like Juliet. Now I will never know who my one true love was

brrrr, nothing like a snowfall to start the day! my southern toes aren't used to the cold!

so far, the toy group (may Dino RIP) and the hound group (keep an eye out for your watch up there Lissarae06!!) have been attacked, and it appears the herding group was the next target.

Who to attack though?! I wonder if attacking the herding group would cause our mysterious defender to reappear?

Also, who is the missing dog?! Does the dog that is missing know who they are and it is just an elusive mystery to the rest of us?

Tricky Tricky. Could the "bitch" reference be literal reference to a female dog, or does more remain to be unraveled?!

hmmm, i have some thinking to do!

Hey look, it's me!
images

I just wish I had found my romeo before I went and died like Juliet. Now I will never know who my one true love was

Very clever!

SOV, we were able to change votes for alpha/beta's right up until you closed the elections. Is it the same for maulings? If we choose a maul victim early in the day, but then information is provided during the day that makes us change our mind, can we change our mauling choice before you cycle (at 9:30 or earlier)?

Tricky Tricky. Could the "bitch" reference be literal reference to a female dog, or does more remain to be unraveled?!

:laugh: That would also require us to figure out which players are actually male or female... or transvestites. Hmmm, not sure SOV planned for us to get that personal.... Or did s/he? :confused:

You can change votes right up to the deadline.

As for the role, it's hard to say - maybe if the beezie had found or correctly identified someone with another role, something like an alpha male, then maybe something would have happened. Or maybe she could have like, had puppies...? Hell, I don't know. There's usually a function to a role, that's all.

Very clever!

SOV, we were able to change votes for alpha/beta's right up until you closed the elections. Is it the same for maulings? If we choose a maul victim early in the day, but then information is provided during the day that makes us change our mind, can we change our mauling choice before you cycle (at 9:30 or earlier)?
Yes you can, but when a plurality of votes is received, voting closes early (that hardly EVER happens, usually only when there is an obvious choice... but one can hope).

I don't think I will ever be able to be at rest until I find the Tramp to my Lady
:love:

I know they aren't dogs but this Minnie would like to find her Mickey :love::love:

Any thought/ideas anyone? I am guessing that there are at least 2 wolves among us because 2 dogs were missing from the first story. That is just a guess.

Didn't SOV say that the whole story in the beginning was a bunch of shenanigans though??

that Nala is looking for her Simba ;)

that Nala is looking for her Simba ;)
Yes, yes I am. I just want to be able to rest in peace but I won't be able to until I know who my soulMATE is

Didn't SOV say that the whole story in the beginning was a bunch of shenanigans though??

Yeah, from SOV-
"To clarify..... The first post in this thread had the names of the participants randomly selected. There have been no actions by anyone in this game yet except to vote in this election. The use of player's names was purely for entertainment purposes to set the mood for the game. Sorry if that caused any confusion."

Imma haunt y'all with dog memes.
48ACD.png

Aaahhh a twist! Need to find yo mate!

Ok, last one for a little while. I really need to study.
images

Dog in her meme is a black dog. Wondering if that's significant. And even if we found the mate, that doesn't necessarily mean the mate was the wolf, does it? Could just have been erm, mating with her at the time of the attack :D

Maul votes: none received.

Reminder: Deadline is 9:30pm EST. 6 hours left.

DNN is projecting a low turnout due to befuddlement in the canidae kingdom.

I'm big & black & furry, but I ain't no mate. Not that I know of. Plus, I'm not a dude. sooo....

What happens if no one votes for a lynching? will no one die?

Also, didn't Lissarae ask if anyone was interested in some backyard breeding just before she was attacked? So, possibly a mate....

DNN is projecting a low turnout due to befuddlement in the canidae kingdom.
Nobody wants to go first, cuz there's not enough info to make a logical choice and if you're the first to point a finger, you may find a lot more pointing back at you!

Nobody wants to go first, cuz there's not enough info to make a logical choice and if you're the first to point a finger, you may find a lot more pointing back at you!

Sadly, the first lynch is always kinda just throwing someone under the bus. Happened to me last game I played because, well, I was watching a movie and didn't notice until it was too late.

But, it has to be done. We're narrowing down the pool no matter what.

Hum.

Maul dyachei

She is being quiet, and she is an experienced player...

My vote stands unless someone has a better idea? Love to hear it.

Sadly, the first lynch is always kinda just throwing someone under the bus. Happened to me last game I played because, well, I was watching a movie and didn't notice until it was too late.

But, it has to be done. We're narrowing down the pool no matter what.

Hum.

Maul dyachei

She is being quiet, and she is an experienced player...

My vote stands unless someone has a better idea? Love to hear it.

As though not liking Tim Tebow were not damning enough, Nyanko's silence is making me suspicious. Nyanko's in the herding group, which was called out in the storyline from this morning. TT, you're also in the herding group AND an experienced player - you may be voting for Dyachei because you want to knock off another experienced player, like our dearly departed LissaRae. Then again, if you aren't a wolf, we noobs need you to stick around and help us out! So I'm going to go with

Maul Nyanko.

Dyachei has told our group (s)he is at work, so don't expect a quick response!

Hate to do this, but for the safety of the pack...

Maul Jemappelejane
:( Sorry, JMJ. I feel like a poo.

My decision is as much for my own safety (because JMJ now knows my role) and also for the group's potential safety. As I have no other concrete leads to go on, I must pick JMJ because I know what she is, which is a hybrid dog. In 2 days, she must choose to remain with our dog pack or join the wolves. I cannot risk that she will join the wolves, though it pains me to betray her trust and out her this way...

If you can convince me you'll stay dog, I'll most certainly change my vote, JMJ.

(man, I feel a bit like a douche! :( )