Doing Destroyer multiple times vs. Doing it once then using other resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clubwestpua

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which preparation seems better in your opinion?

Many people go through Destroyer about 2~3 times but how about just going through it once then understand and memorize all concepts then move on to new materials such as topscore, qvault, achiever, and etc??

Members don't see this ad.

That could work as long as you understand the concepts, not just memorize them. You can reinforce the knowledge gained from Destroyer by doing problems solutions of which you have not seen yet.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Doing destroyer multiple x's can't technically hurt you, but I think too often ppl put too much emphasis on how crucial it is to do multiple times. I tend to think otherwise, and cost/benefit is better to have multiple resources. But I have other material available, other ppl may not

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SDN Mobile

I did Destroyer once over and redid Bio and Ochem before the test. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with going through it multiple times IF you manage to not remember the ones you got wrong. If you have a good memory, then you might just be increasing your % correct due to remembering what you got wrong, rather than why it was you made the mistake in the first place.

Personally I'd recommend not doing Destroyer more than twice or thrice and go through other things. Due to my memory issues, I did everything I used only once (except Destroyer which I explained prior). I didn't seem to lose anything by going with this strategy...except the $700 I spent for all the materials I used a mere once!

Members don't see this ad :)
I found great success by repeating Destroyer O-Chem until I had it memorized (including the road maps). This might take you 1x, it too me several. GC and BIO I only learned conceptually and did not memorize.

I saw marked improvement (first time GC=22, OC= 19; second time GC: 29, OC: 25) my two times taking the DAT; and the biggest reason was more repetition of Destroyer and Chad's. I thought I knew things conceptually the first time taking it, after only going through the materials 1-2x's....and I just didn't.

I saw marked improvement (first time GC=22, OC= 19; second time GC: 29, OC: 25) my two times taking the DAT; and the biggest reason was more repetition of Destroyer and Chad's. I thought I knew things conceptually the first time taking it, after only going through the materials 1-2x's....and I just didn't.

This is supported by the fact that the section I repeated the most, OC, was my highest section (28) and the section I only understood conceptually and only went through 1 full time (GC) was my lowest section on the DAT.

In my opinion, all you need for GC and OC is Chad's and Destroyer.
Complete Destroyer problems at least twice.
Actual DAT questions that I saw were simpler and easier than the Destroyer in the most part.