Doing Paper Verbal Self-Assess. instead of Online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wuhsabee

BEARS. BEETS. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was thinking of filling out random answers for the Verbal Self-Assessment to get to the explanations page, then doing one passage from the SA every single day on paper, while checking the answers as I go along.

This is so I won't have to wait until I use up all the passages to see what I missed, and can learn from my mistakes each time.

Do you think this is a good idea? Has anyone done this? Am I missing anything by not completing the Verbal SA's online?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There are two problems with doing that:

(1) You won't have the official metrics that the digital version offers such as topic, question type, and difficulty. You may be able to assess these a parameters by yourself, but that will take a lot of time, and It won't be as accurate. The SAP is intended to be a guideline for future study. It's not meant to be the study material on it's own.

(2) Although the passages are from the AAMC, the Verbal SA passages are significantly shorter than the current passages, so practicing them may not be as effective as getting a book like Exam Krackers Verbal 101 or the Princeton Review verbal books