Donate to ASA PAC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

interleukin2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So yesterday morning I go to see my first patient, family member, a surgeon, is there. His brother also there sees my ID and says "he also has a PhD" To which the surgeon replies,"I dont want someone book smart I want clinical experience...where is the CRNA?" He was joking but I cant help but know there was some half truth in there. Instead of saying what I wanted to reply I just shrugged it off and continued my preop. After the case I bumped into him and gave him a quick update kept it professional he was very appreciative. Needless to say I just donated $100 to the ASAPAC. Id rather stay home this weekend and eat Ramman noodles and give the money to the cause. It is one thing when joe public doesn't care if a Nurse or an MD does his loved ones anesthetic but when a fellow physician shafts you like that..well you know something must be done.

PS
The patient was certainly not an ASA 1 in for a wart removal on his toe....

Members don't see this ad.

Donated last week. Hope it helps

So yesterday morning I go to see my first patient, family member, a surgeon, is there. His brother also there sees my ID and says "he also has a PhD" To which the surgeon replies,"I dont want someone book smart I want clinical experience...where is the CRNA?" He was joking but I cant help but know there was some half truth in there. Instead of saying what I wanted to reply I just shrugged it off and continued my preop. After the case I bumped into him and gave him a quick update kept it professional he was very appreciative. Needless to say I just donated $100 to the ASAPAC. Id rather stay home this weekend and eat Ramman noodles and give the money to the cause. It is one thing when joe public doesn't care if a Nurse or an MD does his loved ones anesthetic but when a fellow physician shafts you like that..well you know something must be done.

PS
The patient was certainly not an ASA 1 in for a wart removal on his toe....

Hahaha, what a pr1ck. Shoulda said "You got it Boss, I'll get a nurse with lots of practical nursing experience to do your case- they know how to get ahold of the doctors when things go south, happens all the time." ...and then left the room. j/k, of course.

Members don't see this ad :)
While you're at it, donate to your state's anesthesiology society PAC too, as most supervision and "opt-out" legislation is fought at the state level.