Other Don't do internship/residency at UB / ECMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeTheMechanic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
University at Buffalo Medical residents rotate at ECMC (Erie County Medical Center). There is a new administration at ECMC that is actively and ruthlessly exploiting interns and residents to increase revenues. Being an intern or resident at ECMC is becoming all about completing "tasks" to increase revenues, not learning what you need to be a good doctor.

For incoming interns and residents, considering the ongoing abuses at ECMC, the UB intern/resident program should be be considered malignant until proven otherwise. Unless you have family obligations in the Buffalo area, or can't get in anywhere else, please do yourself a favor by staying away from UB. It is too risky to your career and well-being.

It would be helpful to have reports from current residents during the next year to verify or deny what I am claiming is happening. Next year's 2015 interns can then make an informed choice. I hope I am wrong and ECMC cleans up its act. I wouldn't count on it, however.

Members don't see this ad.