Don't go to LSUHSC New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSaints365

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
just kidding, go

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The faculty insist on professionalism from the students. It is evidently not working.

We've had repeated exam rescheduling when the computerized exam software QuestionMark wasn't working. They say "sorry, we'll try again tomorrow". There was no back-up plan in place, even tho this has happened multiple times. They could have printed out a test and displayed it on the overhead screens and had us write down our answers by hand. This rescheduling further compresses our already excessively tight schedule.
At the same time, the faculty insist on professionalism from the students, and if a student misses an exam, then he or she fails the course. As far as I know, there are no repercussions to the school nor faculty when they miss an exam for the entire class. I have not heard of any effort to switch exam software. This is my attempt to make the administrators somewhat accountable. The administration of this school ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I like dis. however, have you tried raising the concern with your student government and or deans?

Torpedoing your own school is pretty unprofessional. It also is only going to hurt you going forward.

I also hate to break it to you, but life is not fair. Professors at every school can get away with more than students can. I certainly will not argue the merits of that, but slamming faculty for being "unprofessional" for delaying exam is a bit odd.

We get it, you feel entitled to timely exams and you have an 'excessively tight schedule'. It isn't fair. But, this reflects just as poorly on you as it does on the school.

Reactions: 2 users
The faculty insist on professionalism from the students. It is evidently not working.

Not sure what was unprofessional about the OPs post if there is honestly an issue that's not being addressed. Shaming them into action might work if nothing else seems to so.

I can't imagine how frustrating that is for exams etc, especially if it happens repeatedly.

I also hate to break it to you, but life is not fair.
Wow, never heard that before. Probably shouldn't ever express dissatisfaction for someone else failing their end of the bargain. So, if I miss an exam, I'll tell the faculty that "life isn't fair. Deal with it," and get a gentle acknowledgement. Brilliant!

Wow, never heard that before. Probably shouldn't ever express dissatisfaction for someone else failing their end of the bargain. So, if I miss an exam, I'll tell the faculty that "life isn't fair. Deal with it," and get a gentle acknowledgement. Brilliant!

Clearly, if you have heard it before and still make posts like this, you need to hear it again. I'm glad that I could be helpful.

Any legitimacy to your argument or ****ty stuff that your school is doing/has done is completely lost because you are incapable of a rational/reasoned discussion on the topic. If people like you are the ones responsible for getting a system like this changed, it is hardly surprising that nothing has happened. Frankly, while I am usually the one leading the charge for improvements in medical education, I have a hard time believing anything that you write about LSUHSC given how you write. 50/50 you are just making stuff up.

Reactions: 2 users
Wait, you are complaining of disorganization and you live in Louisiana? Oh man, that's ironic. Believe me grass isn't any greener at the other two schools in town. Or at any large organization, for that matter.

Here's what I suggest:
(1) thank your lucky stars that once again, you aren't in Mississippi.
(2) go pick out who you are gonna see at French Quarter Fest - killer lineup this year.

Whatever adversity you face now, this too shall pass. Complaining on SDN isn't going to fix anything.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.