don't go to USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
....here we have to FIGHT FOR PATIENTS, FIGHT FOR OPEN CHAIRS, FIGHT WITH FACULTY. PBL DOES NOT PREPARE YOU FOR BOARDS. THERE ARE NO LECTURES. FACULTY ALWAYS THINK YOUR A DELINQUENT. THEY GET MAD AT YOU FOR NOW REASON. half the clinic chairs are open but no one can use them because they are in the wrong section...WASTED CLINIC SPACE... YOU HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN PATIENT. SCHOOL GIVES YOU NON maybe like 2 patients or 3 your entire time your there. ....

I went to a very desireable dental school. At this school we also had to fight for patients and fight for open chairs. Incredibly frustrating. Also, we had to FIGHT FOR FACULTY to work with us because they were spread so thin (which is also why you may have had open chairs you were unable to use).

These complaints you and I listed go on at pretty much EVERY school in the US. I would guess that dentistry is one of the most complicated things to teach because of the need for a perfect mix of patients with $$/requirements, faculty, equipment, etc....

People who are lazy or not committed don't do well in dental school. It's a war of attrition. Some people can't handle it, and end up posting on SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

I went to a very desireable dental school. At this school we also had to fight for patients and fight for open chairs. Incredibly frustrating. Also, we had to FIGHT FOR FACULTY to work with us because they were spread so thin (which is also why you may have had open chairs you were unable to use).

These complaints you and I listed go on at pretty much EVERY school in the US. I would guess that dentistry is one of the most complicated things to teach because of the need for a perfect mix of patients with $$/requirements, faculty, equipment, etc....

People who are lazy or not committed don't do well in dental school. It's a war of attrition. Some people can't handle it, and end up posting on SDN.

well said, sir, well said. :thumbup: :D

dental school is not supposed to be war, its supposed to be about learning, go look at comments from people who actually went to USC.
At USC there is no attrition, There was a student there for 7 years trying to complete his requirements, they just want your money.

having said that. I hear with the new dean, things have changed dramatically the past two years, but this is only preclinically. clinic is still hell. I've talked to the graduating class and it seems like the same old story, many are still not done with requirements on time. You cannot possibly think more than half the class is lazy. If they were lazy they wouldn't have gotten into dental school in the first place.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming the extra 3 years were at the same price - that's in the range of 700-800k.

USC has really been going through a rough time recently. Hopefully things pick up!

USC has really been going through a rough time recently. Hopefully things pick up!

USC is always going through a rough time. Everyone excluding a few individuals hate it there. I've spoken to many people there. This includes staff, faculty and students. The staff and faculty have to deal with crazy patients and disgruntled students and are way underpaid, and students have to deal with crazy staff faculty and patients.

USC is always going through a rough time. Everyone excluding a few individuals hate it there. I've spoken to many people there. This includes staff, faculty and students. The staff and faculty have to deal with crazy patients and disgruntled students and are way underpaid, and students have to deal with crazy staff faculty and patients.

do you guys also have to pay for your patients' treatments? is it common for students to pay up to $2500 to save a single tooth, so you don't lose the Crown credit towards your grade/graduation?

do you guys also have to pay for your patients' treatments? is it common for students to pay up to $2500 to save a single tooth, so you don't lose the Crown credit towards your grade/graduation?

I don't know about $2500, but I have talked to dental students from some of the top dental schools in the country and from time to time they pay for patients treatments. A woman I know that graduated from one of the UC dental schools estimated that she paid $8,000 of her own money over the course of her time in dental school. I would be interested to hear from other dental students about how common this is.

I don't know about $2500, but I have talked to dental students from some of the top dental schools in the country and from time to time they pay for patients treatments. A woman I know that graduated from one of the UC dental schools estimated that she paid $8,000 of her own money over the course of her time in dental school. I would be interested to hear from other dental students about how common this is.

i can understand paying for that rare procedure you need to check off for grad reqs, especially the closer it gets to commencement. i was talking more along the lines of students regularly paying for a resident to do the RCT or Implant, just so you can do the crown (worth 500 points towards your grade, and 1.5 of 6 units of fixed prosth for graduation).

i can understand paying for that rare procedure you need to check off for grad reqs, especially the closer it gets to commencement. i was talking more along the lines of students regularly paying for a resident to do the RCT or Implant, just so you can do the crown (worth 500 points towards your grade, and 1.5 of 6 units of fixed prosth for graduation).

This action is considered to be unethical in USC and people used to pay for treatments for their patients just so they don't have to pay an extra trimester of tuition. I've heard people give patients money or pay for treatments to graduate which is very sad.

School also used to give a credit of up to $3000 before and for 2009 class and $2000 for 2010 class to help for patient in financial difficulty get treatment and help also help students graduate to get their requirements done. They stopped that after 2010. I also heard rumors that it was even more before my time on the clinic floor, something like up to 5000 dollars 6 or 7 years ago.

This action is considered to be unethical in USC and people used to pay for treatments for their patients just so they don't have to pay an extra trimester of tuition. I've heard people give patients money or pay for treatments to graduate which is very sad.

School also used to give a credit of up to $3000 before and for 2009 class and $2000 for 2010 class to help for patient in financial difficulty get treatment and help also help students graduate to get their requirements done. They stopped that after 2010. I also heard rumors that it was even more before my time on the clinic floor, something like up to 5000 dollars 6 or 7 years ago.
There are things I agree and disagree with you.

This post was obviously posted awhile ago when USC was going through some rough time. I did read your posts and took your advice before I went to their interview. And I do agree that they made some major mistakes and suffered from it. This was very clear when I went to the interview. Their first and second years were very positive and proud of what they were doing while some third years were just saying "you will be fine as long as you try hard" It really looked like what 3rd and 4th years had to go through and what 1st and 2nd year going through are completely different.

As you mentioned earlier, things have changed a lot in two years. The new dean sounded like he tried hard to improve what they did wrong in the past, and every SC dental student I met looked very happy. I am actually very excited to attend SC and find out what they have improved.

I don't know why you chose SC, but I had a couple acceptances including some great dental schools, but still chose SC because I really liked the school. I am sorry that you had to go through rough times and I think it was a right thing for you to point out things that should be changed, but it's not 2009 anymore. We live in 2012 now.
What I am trying to say is that what you are doing on this thread isn't really helping people who will be attending USC with excitement. Some people including myself are just so pumped to study at USC. As a USC alumni, you should definitely tell things to watch out and improve, but you shouldn't be discouraging incoming students because you went through hell three years ago. I might be wrong, but I have this strong feeling that you would probably hated your dental school life even if you went to some other dental school.

Thank you.

Last edited:
There are things I agree and disagree with you.

This post was obviously posted awhile ago when USC was going through some rough time. I did read your posts and took your advice before I went to their interview. And I do agree that they made some major mistakes and suffered from it. This was very clear when I went to the interview. Their first and second years were very positive and proud of what they were doing while some third years were just saying "you will be fine as long as you try hard" It really looked like what 3rd and 4th years had to go through and what 1st and 2nd year going through are completely different.

As you mentioned earlier, things have changed a lot in two years. The new dean sounded like he tried hard to improve what they did wrong in the past, and every SC dental student I met looked very happy. I am actually very excited to attend SC and find out what they have improved.

I don't know why you chose SC, but I had a couple acceptances including some great dental schools, but still chose SC because I really liked the school. I am sorry that you had to go through rough times and I think it was a right thing for you to point out things that should be changed, but it's not 2009 anymore. We live in 2012 now.
What I am trying to say is that what you are doing on this thread isn't really helping people who will be attending USC with excitement. Some people including myself are just so pumped to study at USC. As a USC alumni, you should definitely tell things to watch out and improve, but you shouldn't be discouraging incoming students because you went through hell three years ago. I might be wrong, but I have this strong feeling that you would probably hated your dental school life even if you went to some other dental school.

Thank you.

you know what's funny, i had the same exact posts a while back when I told people to not go there if they have other offers, almost THREE YEARS LATER, YES THREE YEARS LATER, they PM me and tell me how right I was, this was not in 2009, this was actually at the end of last year. I don't care what you do. I'm just trying to warn you. Go talk to atleast 20 seniors in that school and see what they have to say! I just heard they actually increased the requirements in pedo. and these are nonsense requirements like pedo prophy (cleaning), something a 4th grader can do. They need a source of income so they try to get rid of one requirement but then add another twenty instead.

By the way out of 144 students only 60 took wrebs the past weekend at USC. What does this tell you? At USC you must have completed certain requirements to be able to take wrebs. obviously the majority are not finishing on time, and I took a little visit there, and was asking people when they were going to take their wrebs they all said august they did not meet the criteria, even though there's also another wreb examination in June most told me they plan on taking august. meaning they still have ways to go to get requirements and exams done, graduation date is June 15.

Members don't see this ad :)
As much BS as USC gives its students, which indeed there are a lot of problems at this school as seansk and others have stated, I find it funny that this thread has survived for so long while the negative thread about San Antonio dental school was shut down so quickly.

As much BS as USC gives its students, which indeed there are a lot of problems at this school as seansk and others have stated, I find it funny that this thread has survived for so long while the negative thread about San Antonio dental school was shut down so quickly.
Maybe that's because it's all true. There's no reason to go to USC and pay almost 400k to get screwed. The reason most people choose to go there is because they like living in SoCal.

I can assure you that everything said on this forum is not true. Other students will be able to better chime in as I am only a second year student. A lot of it is true though. I don't think they should shut any of these threads down. Seansk is right about many things and this is how the school will improve itself through criticism.

Maybe that's because it's all true. There's no reason to go to USC and pay almost 400k to get screwed. The reason most people choose to go there is because they like living in SoCal.

I can assure you that everything said on this forum is not true. Other students will be able to better chime in as I am only a second year student. A lot of it is true though. I don't think they should shut any of these threads down. Seansk is right about many things and this is how the school will improve itself through criticism.

you're only a second year, wait till end of your junior year and senior year. As I said before the first two years (pre-clinical has improved quite a bit). But wait until you actually get in the middle of all the requirements patients, faculty and staff. Please post on this thread in a year, and tell us how you feel. your soph perio block is a joke if you think that's what clinic is going to be like!

I'm sorry but I'm just making people aware. The dean has made a great stride to change the curriculum for preclinical and I think he has done a great job. But clinic has still stayed hell.

No reason to apologize. I appreciate you coming on here to share your experiences. I agree with you on many aspects and am not saying you are wrong. I am just saying that as a rule of thumb, you shouldn't believe everything you read on this site even from students because everybody's experience is different, especially at a crap school like USC where politics play such an important role. Many people struggle at USC and in many ways this is the school's fault. There are a lot of problems here that need to be fixed. Hopefully, the revised preclinic curriculum will make the clinical experience easier on the new classes. I do know that Dean Sadan has made some changes to the clinic, but of course I do not know specifics. I am hoping that eventually USC can reclaim its reputation as one of the best dental schools in the world. Many of the old time dentists in CA will attest to the reputation the school had in decades past.

you're only a second year, wait till end of your junior year and senior year. As I said before the first two years (pre-clinical has improved quite a bit). But wait until you actually get in the middle of all the requirements patients, faculty and staff. Please post on this thread in a year, and tell us how you feel. your soph perio block is a joke if you think that's what clinic is going to be like!

I'm sorry but I'm just making people aware. The dean has made a great stride to change the curriculum for preclinical and I think he has done a great job. But clinic has still stayed hell.

Yeah don't believe everything on here! I love the new changes and have really enjoyed USC! Clinics not that bad if you have a personality my bro graduated in 2010 with seansk and was done his req early without working on getting any patients! So everybody has a different experience on the clinic floor!

Yeah don't believe everything on here! I love the new changes and have really enjoyed USC! Clinics not that bad if you have a personality my bro graduated in 2010 with seansk and was done his req early without working on getting any patients! So everybody has a different experience on the clinic floor!

the clinic is so much more complicated then you make it to be. Like I Pmed you, there are going to be changes to the clinic, but how effective it will be is yet to be seen, you class is the first class to have this. and I do have great confidence in Dean Sadaan. But like I said please get back to me end of junior year and mid senior year and tell me your experience. I hope it is a good one. I really do. I hate anyone to have to go through what me and a lot (not all) of other people went through.

There are always people in a class who finish requirements early. Which kind of proves my point. Why are there people who graduate early and others who graduate way late. It's not laziness, as you know almost everyone in your class and Dental school have worked their butt off to get there and they are not lazy people. What concerns me is why there are so many people still from the class of 2012 that are not done with requirements. It's kind of ridiculous that graduation was may 11th, on friday, yesterday, and the majority of the people are still going back starting Monday to work in clinic to try to finish requirements. I also know people who are done early in class of 2012. But why are there still the majority of students striving to finish clinic when they should have been done by now and worried more about taking NBDE part II and Wrebs. It's not about an individual experience. They need to have a graduation rate of near 100 percent like most schools. Paying 80 thousand dollars a year, one of the most expensive if not the most expensive dental school in the U.S. you would expect something better wouldn't you, in fact you should expect the best, wouldn't you? It's just my opinion.

I am just entering into my third year at USCSD and my experience thus far has been outstanding! Many of these posts are outdated. Things have changed drastically for my class (2014) and I can say without hesitation that this is one of the best clinical schools on the planet! How do I know? We started using our handpieces on the first day of school and have not stopped since. Starting with my class, the school implemented 3 semesters of preclinical fixed pros, CAD CAM, removable pros, and treatment planning. I am technically at the end of my 2nd year and I have already started seeing patients. I saw 3 pulpectomies (first step in root canal) and 4 composite build-ups last week. This pace could have not been accomplished without PBL, as it allows us much more time to spend in the sim lab/clinic. I know that many people have heard horror stories about PBL, but it allows much more time to be focused on the clinical aspects of dentistry. Btw Harvard uses it. Also, another argument against USC is the cost. I have spent 10 years in the dental field with the US Navy, and I can say without hesitation that it is worth every penny! Just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for. Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLv3V4fa_4Y

seansk,

I have heard horror stories regarding politics and connections at the school; however, much of those issues will go away now that we do not have changed to comprehensive care. We still have comps, but do not need to complete X number of crowns, bridges, ect.

I couldn't agree with you more. I am starting my 4th year (class of 2013) and have almost finished all of my requirements. I understand that some of this is luck, but I have worked very hard. I also know that the new clinic requirements for the class of 2014 will eliminate virtually all of the problems that have been discussed in this thread. Comprehensive care will allow students to treat their patient's needs without worrying about having to do 20 crowns, 1 bridge, 7 arches of removable, etc. I have had an EXCELLENT experience at USC over the past 3 years. I think that Dean Sadan has done a fabulous job bringing the school back to the top.

I am just entering into my third year at USCSD and my experience thus far has been outstanding! Many of these posts are outdated. Things have changed drastically for my class (2014) and I can say without hesitation that this is one of the best clinical schools on the planet! How do I know? We started using our handpieces on the first day of school and have not stopped since. Starting with my class, the school implemented 3 semesters of preclinical fixed pros, CAD CAM, removable pros, and treatment planning. I am technically at the end of my 2nd year and I have already started seeing patients. I saw 3 pulpectomies (first step in root canal) and 4 composite build-ups last week. This pace could have not been accomplished without PBL, as it allows us much more time to spend in the sim lab/clinic. I know that many people have heard horror stories about PBL, but it allows much more time to be focused on the clinical aspects of dentistry. Btw Harvard uses it. Also, another argument against USC is the cost. I have spent 10 years in the dental field with the US Navy, and I can say without hesitation that it is worth every penny! Just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for. Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLv3V4fa_4Y

USC will reclaim its position as the "Gold Standard" of dentistry in a very short period of time. The changes that have been made in the DDS program are phenomenal including CADCAM and Implant Placement. You get what you pay for at USC: exceptional handskills and the ability to both recognize and strive for perfection. This process is painful process that will be rewarded with a lifetime of success.

Excellent.

[wow, i was reading another post when i ran into this thread...it brought back a lot of memories for me....

Let me add my 2 cents...........I graduated SC 2006 class....I'll keep this short.

When I graduated I came out with a lot of concern....due to such negativity that has been posted here and other SC bashing; I thought I got the worst education ever and wondered how i made such a mistake. When I did my residency after graduation I was embarrassed to tell people I went to SC for all the reasons I hear on this thread.....

But.....then I started to see things....when I was in dental school you think you have it the worst and other schools are the best...etc....

Well, let me tell you something very interesting. After graduation I went into the military due to the HPSP scholarship. Being in the military you get to meet dentists graduating from dental school just like you, but they are from all walks of life; ie all name and types of dental schools.

Due to my concerns I thought i was the worst dentist out there. Well, when i got to interact with other recently graduated dentists and saw their lab work, prep, dental knowldege etc...i was extremely shocked by what i found out.

I saw varying degrees of competence. I was shocked at how some of my friends graduated from certain schools and they never had to do certain procedures to graduate? One dentist didn't know/ understand the concept of a red line for a margin on a die; i asked why and he said his dental school didn't do any of that stuff; Another dentist his requirements to graduate dental school was a joke compared to what i had to produce to graduate.... etc etc etc etc. Clinical comparisions?? wow, i was better prepared then I reallized. Preps, not even close; lab work; if things needed to get done and the lab couldn't do it on the spot; i just walked in and did my own lab work. etc etc...i could go on....

I thought ok these are residents....well after practicing dentistry for last 6+ years I have met as many types of dentists you will meet...and it confirmed what i learned during my time in residency and is cemented by the dentistry i do to this day.

Everyday I treat patients and provide dentistry I am happy to say I am very proud of what I do. This is reflected by the quality of work i produce, and my work stand equal to and above any dentist i will ever meet...

Let me tell you this; YES USC PBL had its problems and probably still has some problems. However, what you are missing is that any large institution has its problems. USC its problems were just more magnified due to the PBL going large scale. Its'funny but people say PBL is terrible; well if its so terrible then why are so many medical schools using it for their education? In my humble opinion PBL is fantastic for academic learning; however I believe it needs to be supplemented by lectures and there are certain aspects of education where teaching directly to students are essential. Please i don't want to hear about traditional lecture learning is superior...i've been there and no it is not better....if anything lecture and PBL should be combined....and please don't tell me listening all day to lectures and you listened all 6-8 hours worth.....come on'...be real.

I disgree that there is no learning going on. When I was in dental school it was rough in my 2nd year I spent long hours in the lab working on waxups preps etc....there was a lot of clinicals that got us prepared before we started clinic. etc etc

Anyhow....i will summarize how to decide on a dental school for all you future dental students.

1) Cheapest dental school = THE BEST DENTAL SCHOOL

2) If you can't get into the cheapest school in the nation then you can still go to an expensive school
a) Military Scholarship --- Have the federal government pay your school if you are that concerned about debt. Don't listen to people who say you can pay it off in 2-4 years etc..yes it can be true but for most it is not....if you are that concerned about debt then you fit the latter category and you will be miserable.
b) Other governemtn scholarship --- if you hate the military idea then go Public Health or NHSC...
c) Go where the opportunities are! If you go to NYU, USC, etc and graduate with 300k debt and you are stressed about getting a nice job then look outside of California, New York, etc....go to the midwest, etc....go and suck it up for x-amount of years make a lot, save a lot, and then say to yourself I miss caly too much; then move back.
d) Do an AEGD/GPR, or some associateship for a year and look to buy a practice immediately....

In summary, you can go to the worst institution anywhere and be successful, and you can go to the best institution and fail miserably. In the end you get what you put in...everyone is different; some people get a lot out of dental school and are ready; some need another year or 2 to get ready........

I don't understand the utter bashing of SC; look i talked to fellow dentists from dental schools across the country.....every school had their problems.......you should hear the concerns and problems they have.

I loved my time at SC; living the LA life, etc...dental school was hard work, but i had the LA nightlife to relieve my stress, and USC football was on a tear back then. etc etc...........however, without the military scholarship I wouldn't have gone to SC but somewhere else; this is due to financial reasons... I planned on going military from the start so going to SC from the start was easy decision.........

OK, I'm done....this is my 2 cents....so please don't try to argue with me....i did this out of courtesy and to give a level headed view on things from someone who actually can look back and reflect. =)

Reactions: 1 user
[wow, i was reading another post when i ran into this thread...it brought back a lot of memories for me....

Let me add my 2 cents...........I graduated SC 2006 class....I'll keep this short.

When I graduated I came out with a lot of concern....due to such negativity that has been posted here and other SC bashing; I thought I got the worst education ever and wondered how i made such a mistake. When I did my residency after graduation I was embarrassed to tell people I went to SC for all the reasons I hear on this thread.....

But.....then I started to see things....when I was in dental school you think you have it the worst and other schools are the best...etc....

Well, let me tell you something very interesting. After graduation I went into the military due to the HPSP scholarship. Being in the military you get to meet dentists graduating from dental school just like you, but they are from all walks of life; ie all name and types of dental schools.

Due to my concerns I thought i was the worst dentist out there. Well, when i got to interact with other recently graduated dentists and saw their lab work, prep, dental knowldege etc...i was extremely shocked by what i found out.

I saw varying degrees of competence. I was shocked at how some of my friends graduated from certain schools and they never had to do certain procedures to graduate? One dentist didn't know/ understand the concept of a red line for a margin on a die; i asked why and he said his dental school didn't do any of that stuff; Another dentist his requirements to graduate dental school was a joke compared to what i had to produce to graduate.... etc etc etc etc. Clinical comparisions?? wow, i was better prepared then I reallized. Preps, not even close; lab work; if things needed to get done and the lab couldn't do it on the spot; i just walked in and did my own lab work. etc etc...i could go on....

I thought ok these are residents....well after practicing dentistry for last 6+ years I have met as many types of dentists you will meet...and it confirmed what i learned during my time in residency and is cemented by the dentistry i do to this day.

Everyday I treat patients and provide dentistry I am happy to say I am very proud of what I do. This is reflected by the quality of work i produce, and my work stand equal to and above any dentist i will ever meet...

Let me tell you this; YES USC PBL had its problems and probably still has some problems. However, what you are missing is that any large institution has its problems. USC its problems were just more magnified due to the PBL going large scale. Its'funny but people say PBL is terrible; well if its so terrible then why are so many medical schools using it for their education? In my humble opinion PBL is fantastic for academic learning; however I believe it needs to be supplemented by lectures and there are certain aspects of education where teaching directly to students are essential. Please i don't want to hear about traditional lecture learning is superior...i've been there and no it is not better....if anything lecture and PBL should be combined....and please don't tell me listening all day to lectures and you listened all 6-8 hours worth.....come on'...be real.

I disgree that there is no learning going on. When I was in dental school it was rough in my 2nd year I spent long hours in the lab working on waxups preps etc....there was a lot of clinicals that got us prepared before we started clinic. etc etc

Anyhow....i will summarize how to decide on a dental school for all you future dental students.

1) Cheapest dental school = THE BEST DENTAL SCHOOL

2) If you can't get into the cheapest school in the nation then you can still go to an expensive school
a) Military Scholarship --- Have the federal government pay your school if you are that concerned about debt. Don't listen to people who say you can pay it off in 2-4 years etc..yes it can be true but for most it is not....if you are that concerned about debt then you fit the latter category and you will be miserable.
b) Other governemtn scholarship --- if you hate the military idea then go Public Health or NHSC...
c) Go where the opportunities are! If you go to NYU, USC, etc and graduate with 300k debt and you are stressed about getting a nice job then look outside of California, New York, etc....go to the midwest, etc....go and suck it up for x-amount of years make a lot, save a lot, and then say to yourself I miss caly too much; then move back.
d) Do an AEGD/GPR, or some associateship for a year and look to buy a practice immediately....

In summary, you can go to the worst institution anywhere and be successful, and you can go to the best institution and fail miserably. In the end you get what you put in...everyone is different; some people get a lot out of dental school and are ready; some need another year or 2 to get ready........

I don't understand the utter bashing of SC; look i talked to fellow dentists from dental schools across the country.....every school had their problems.......you should hear the concerns and problems they have.

I loved my time at SC; living the LA life, etc...dental school was hard work, but i had the LA nightlife to relieve my stress, and USC football was on a tear back then. etc etc...........however, without the military scholarship I wouldn't have gone to SC but somewhere else; this is due to financial reasons... I planned on going military from the start so going to SC from the start was easy decision.........

OK, I'm done....this is my 2 cents....so please don't try to argue with me....i did this out of courtesy and to give a level headed view on things from someone who actually can look back and reflect. =)

:thumbup:
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

[There was a student there for 7 years trying to complete his requirements]

I thought the maximum you can stay in dental school are 6 years. I heard this from the dean of admissions during my interview.:confused::eek:

just don't go here, You know, you can read all my old posts, I used to Love USC, PBL etc. I even fought for USC I have completely changed my mind. I was wrong, and I admit it. here we have to FIGHT FOR PATIENTS, FIGHT FOR OPEN CHAIRS, FIGHT WITH FACULTY. PBL DOES NOT PREPARE YOU FOR BOARDS. THERE ARE NO LECTURES. FACULTY ALWAYS THINK YOUR A DELINQUENT. THEY GET MAD AT YOU FOR NOW REASON. half the clinic chairs are open but no one can use them because they are in the wrong section...WASTED CLINIC SPACE... YOU HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN PATIENT. SCHOOL GIVES YOU NON maybe like 2 patients or 3 your entire time your there. This is just the tip of the iceberg. In that sense there are a few and I do mean just a few wonderful people there that are trying their best to help out... and they know the system is messed up too.

The entire system is flawed, no wonder 2 years ago there was a 17 percent graduation rate. And from what I hear they are changing the entire system to the traditional system...but don't count on it!!! if you get into anywhere else GO THERE..

would like to know from current USC students if these problems are still the case in 2016?

Reactions: 1 user