Dont know what to do....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clutzie16

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: Hello everyone,

I was wondering what you guys think, I have my 2nd OAT scheduled for tomorrow 4/23.. and I feel that I am not going to improve by much, if not get worse scores if i actually go and take it. Here is what I got the first time around...

Bio-320
Rc-330
QR-300
Orgo-290
Phys-270
Gen Chem-340

AA-310
TS-300

I am still waiting to hear back from NECO, PCO, and NOVA.

I know that improving my scores in Physics and Orgo might increase my chances of getting in this year, although there are so little seats left.
However, I dont feel that I am more prepared to take the test now than I was initially, and feel that if i do worse it'll only aggrevate the situation, and worsen my chances for next year.

Has anyone taken the test 3 times and gotten accepted? Is taking it 3 times frowned upon?

If i dont show up tomorrow I know that I loose the money but does the school actually know that I was a noshow?

Any advice/opinions would really be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your time!

JG

Members don't see this ad.

Are you sure you are going to do worse?

I was in a similar situation. I took several of the kaplan practice tests and was scoring significantly below my previous scores. those kaplan tests are BS, I was scoreing somthing like 50 points lower on that test then i did on that actual OAT.

There is an offical OAT practice test on the internet, find that. I found it to be really accurate. (scored withen 10 points of the real test on all sections)

those were my exact AA and TS scores and i got into IU, OSU, ICO and NOVA. I was also offered an interview at NECO. I took the OAT twice and did the exact same overall but increased the scores that needed to be increased even though some of my other scores decreased. What im getting at is just take the test and see what happens. atleast you will show that you really are trying. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
those were my exact AA and TS scores and i got into IU, OSU, ICO and NOVA. I was also offered an interview at NECO. I took the OAT twice and did the exact same overall but increased the scores that needed to be increased even though some of my other scores decreased. What im getting at is just take the test and see what happens. atleast you will show that you really are trying. Good luck!

i assume your gpa is probably around 3.5?

I have the same as you... now I'm not so worried :)