DOPhD student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOPhD student

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently, I've read posts by various people accusing DO students of being not good enough, of being too blindly loyal to osteopathic medicine, of being too this and too that, and these people don't play nice - being overly critical of students who display some trouble with the English language and attacking Mr. Gulick, who is, by the way, one of the founders of the forum where they can voice their opinions. I say, if you have such low opinion of DO students, our profession, and Mr. Gulick, then be gone. We shan't, or at least I know I won't, miss you.

Members don't see this ad.

An interesting position: if I don't like what you say, or if you are critical of something or someone I support, then you must leave.

Kind of misses the point of a Forum, doesn't it.

[This message has been edited by StillBorn (edited April 15, 1999).]

I agree but you will have a hard time convincing most people in this forum of that, which is the only reason I still post

Members don't see this ad :)
It is interesting to note how easily offended people are on discussion groups. I think it is nice to have an open debate where people challenge each others viewpoints. However, due to the annonymity (sp?) of cyberspace this almost always degrades to a cyber-shouting match. In a lot of cases, some people are just trying to get a rise out of people or play devil's advocate. All in all we all just have to learn to have thicker skin.

Matt S

DoPhD student, your comment makes me want to vomit. Who in the hell do you think you are?

Your inferiority complex is disgustingly embarrassing to your degree seeking status.

Stillborn: I agree that censoring anything would be "missing the point of the forum." But the people that flame incessantly are also guilty of "missing the point of the forum."

DOGBOY: Give up your delusions of having a noble purpose. Everyone knows that you vent your frustrations and inadequacies. At one point you were entertaining, but I think you lost all credibility with you lied about getting into a medical school. That's just pathetic.

Matt S: Who are you assuming is offended? Don't build up these young premeds by falsely leading them to believe that anyone takes them seriously. They are nothing and their "opinions" mean nothing.

JONM: You sure do vomit a lot in your replies. Perhaps you should see someone about your weak stomach.

Okay flame away, scrounge for "the last word" because you can have it... I've got more pressing matters to tend to.

ggulick.gif

P.S.
Someone please pass JONM a bucket...

Damned good on you Greg!!

I am sorely dissappointed in the blatant misconceptions expressed by JonM and DOGBOY. Both of you have made valid and inciteful contributions to several threads in the past. But for some reason, as the quantity of your posts increased, the quality has progressively diminished. Why do both of you insist on such inflammatory dialog? No one here will begrudge you your right to critique posts...that is the beauty of a forum such as this. In the same vein, no one here wishes to endure you guys endless derision either.

Lately, it is rare [at least that I have seen] that either of you have made valid posts...you seek only to flame others for their diction, grammar and/or spelling. Forums such as this are not intended to be vehicles of personal assault. I truly wish you both would reconsider your intent whenever you post replies or retorts.

And there is never an adquate excuse for lying...PERIOD!

In the case of Stillborn, I have come to the sad conclusion you seek only to be a pain in someone's ass...and it matters not who the ass belongs to. It is sad to waste such intellect and talent.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

"Damned" and "ass" in the same post...perhaps you should edit that out.

It would be interesting to see what you think when you grow up and have been through a couple years of med school, although some people never learn to think very effectively.

Now now now.

Kids, we can call each other lots of names, &c, which I think is healthy.

I hope we all remember what a gadfly is. (Look it up if you don't know but do care.) This is my way of saying thanks to the pestering DOGBOY and likes. I hope we all appreciate that a decade ago this type of forum was science fiction. This is my way of saying thanks to Greg & Dave and likes.

Remember though kids, we all have to play (or in our case work) in the same sandbox together in the future.

Let me just straighten one thing out Mr. Moderator. I told you I was going to NOVA because I wanted to see all the NOVA premeds reactions because the majority of you have zero tolerance for me. I didn't even apply there. Next I applied to 6 DO schools and have been accepted to 5 so I did not lie about getting into medical school. You lost all credibility when you mentioned that medical school spot was wasted on an individual you know nothing about. Finally if you have more pressing matters please give up you moderator title and leave.

Cliff,

Thank you very much for pointing out what should have been blatantly obvious. The 'gadfly' comment made it very clear. I hate to admit it, but I was a bit 'sucked-in' trying to defend my choices...especially when such a defense is both un-warranted and undefendable.

To the 'gang,' I bid you peace and luck in your futures in whatever vocation/profession you may choose.

All I ask is one simple favor, please try to stop your personal assaults. To those you choose to assault, please ignore them. If you stop giving them the responses they thrive on, they will stop...remember that Povlov's dogs and classical conditioning thing from way back in Gen Psych?

wink.gif

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Dogboy, you are such a lier and LIE LIE LIE. What kind of attitude is that. You lie because you want to see how people react? i wonder what kind of doctor will you be in the future?

I guess you will lie to your patient and see how they react. You never change a bit; never learn to respect.

[This message has been edited by Henry (edited April 16, 1999).]

I hate to say it, but DOGBOY you just lied again. You stated on past threads that you were ACCEPTED to NOVA. That's a lot different than saying you just applied there. You can try to justify yourself all you want. We all know the truth. Everyone tells little white lies every now and again. However, to lie about getting into med school when I see so many of my fellow classmates working hard day in and day out to accomplish their goal of becoming doctor makes me wondering what's going on up in that head of yours. Who knows you may be just some bored premed trying to stir up some commotion.

Henry are you really upset that I am not attending NOVA? It sounds like you are. You can petition the Admissions Committee to let me in even though I didn't apply if you really think I will be an asset to NOVA. Thanks