Doris Duke/CRTP/HHMI/Sarnoff Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pretty unprofessional IMO. lol, I guess the Southwestern reputation precedes itself.

They're pretty busy people, how long has it been between being contacted and now? If it's been less than a week than email again or something. My friend was contacted after given available times, so just hang in there...

Btw, I wouldn't make comments like you just made, I know some directors read these forums...

Members don't see this ad.

How does UNC's domestic program work? Does a mentor select you from a group of interviews? If so, once they write you a LOR, what are your chances?

They're pretty busy people, how long has it been between being contacted and now? If it's been less than a week than email again or something. My friend was contacted after given available times, so just hang in there...

More than 3 years...

Btw, I wouldn't make comments like you just made, I know some directors read these forums...

Giving feedback with some measure of anonymity is largely the reason for these threads.

Members don't see this ad :)

Meh, I can't imagine Dr. McPhaul is really reading SDN caring what med students write about his etiquette. I'm not exactly trashing him or the school. I just figured I'd share what I thought was kind of funny, particularly since someone else had the exact same thing happen to them.

I posted a separate thread on this, but does anyone know if decisions re: Harvard's CRTP in biological and social/developmental psychiatry have been made? This program seems a bit different than the CRTP fellowships referred to here as you already have to have completed your PhD or MD . I figured I would see if anyone else had applied and heard anything.

Cheers.

Did the harvard international ddcrf program mention when they would get back to us after the interview? i didnt hear anything...

I thought she said "next week" when I talked to her last week. However, I do think some of the admissions may be "rolling" depending on if the initial offer is taken or not. If not, it gets moved down the list.
This is particularly true for the International spots, where there is only one spot.

Sounds good. all the best! ...yes it makes sense that if the person has been selected for another international experience, they might go down the list.

lol i got an invitation for a phone interview w/ Dr. McPhaul at UTSW. I replied with available times and he never got back to me. Gee Thanks...

Same thing happened to me...
I tried to follow up with no response...

Any news from Mt. Sinai?

Members don't see this ad :)
isn't that a violation of the agreement to release decisions on March 16?

is March 16th a uniform notification day? For what programs? CRTP?

Same thing happened to me...
I tried to follow up with no response...

Any news from Mt. Sinai?
Sorry for posting so late, but the same thing happened with me from UTSW and this was from a few weeks ago. I'm on my surgery rotation so I'm glad I haven't had a chance to think about the other schools.

Hopefully we all get great news tomorrow! Good luck guys/gals

<not accepted for HHMI. Wonder how many positions were offered and how many applicant there were.

Alternate list for med fellows as well.....still keeping my fingers crossed....Good luck everyone

Got the email that I had been selected as a HHMI med fellow this morning. Waiting to hear from NIH MRSP but will take HHMI if I am lucky to have to decide between the two. Will update with MRSP news later today.

Waitlisted at Pitt, but have withdrawn my application as I will no longer be pursuing Doris Duke.

Last edited:
Got DD Iowa Offer, NIH MRSP Offer, Wait-listed at Pitt.... rest quiet so far

Last edited:
Got an email from columbia saying that a final decision has not been made, and that I am still under active consideration. The email ends with how the decision will
be made shortly. Does this means that I've been waitlisted?

Anyone still waiting to hear from Harvard domestic?

Yes first round offers are out

For Dorris Duke? All schools?

Are they sending rejections? I thought I remembered reading something about them not sending rejections...

anyword from UTSW? I haven't gotten any offers so its safe to assume rejections?
:-/

this is nerve wracking!

Just received a rejection email from Columbia a few minutes ago. Haven't heard anything else all day.

Pitt- wait
Columbia - reject
UNC - ...
UCSF- ...
UTSW- ...
Penn- ...
John's Hopkins- ...
MRSP - reject

Also just assuming that a non-reply is rejection. Thought I had a great project for UCSF though. Should I email them or wait longer. Opinions? Prob wouldn't hurt anything. They won't reject my application more, haha.

Anyone with anything from Wash U? I'm still waiting here (impatiently) as best as I can.

Seems like there's a lot of people on the Pitt waitlist.