General Admissions & OTCAS Dot vs masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manpin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering is there a difference in pay between an occupational therapist that gets a masters vs one the gets an entry level doctorate ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

none. its all about reimbursement until you are in management.

Recently i was thinking if I could write off OTD on my taxes if I decided to go back and get it.

You most likely would if you were salary based in a school district. Otherwise not typically.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I think that is the public service thing. I am probably not going to be working for any non-profits or school settings.

If you go online or the weekends to an OTD program you could potentially write it off as non reimbursed business expense. My cousin wrote off his MBA. From what he tells me he can do this as he was still working in banking. He was not challenged on the write off.

Obviously there is more to it but I am going to keep it in mind when the time comes.

You most likely would if you were salary based in a school district. Otherwise not typically.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I think that is the public service thing. I am probably not going to be working for any non-profits or school settings.

If you go online or the weekends to an OTD program you could potentially write it off as non reimbursed business expense. My cousin wrote off his MBA. From what he tells me he can do this as he was still working in banking. He was not challenged on the write off.

Obviously there is more to it but I am going to keep it in mind when the time comes.

Oh, I was just referring to the salary difference with an OTD vs a master's. In my state experience and education level matters.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, I was just referring to the salary difference with an OTD vs a master's. In my state experience and education level matters.
Asa new grad pay difference will be negligible. in my state CA at least.