Double Check on Declining An Offer...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TomWestmanRules

MD Supplicant
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are two acceptances I will probably be declining by the end of the week once my mind is made up. Just wanted to double check on something here.

When I withdraw from those schools, do any agreements I was in the middle of making for things like campus housing and financial aid immediately become null and void with that withdrawal? Or do I have to contact those departments separately? I never signed any dotted lines yet, and definitely never agreed to pay for anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

It's definitely a good idea to contact those individual departments and give them a heads up even if you haven't officially signed anything. It's just a professional thing to do.

It's definitely a good idea to contact those individual departments and give them a heads up even if you haven't officially signed anything. It's just a professional thing to do.

I guess it IS the smart thing to do. Come August, I don't want to get a bill in the mail asking me to pay $45,000 to a school I declined an offer from. :laugh: