Double Majoring in Biology and Business?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlyingHigh1721

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this question has probably been asked many times, but I just wanted to get some advice. I'm currently a pre-dental rising sophomore at a top 20 university, and I was thinking about majoring in biology and business. I figured that majoring in business could help later on after dental school with owning my own practice. However, I took a few sociology courses this semester, and I find it very fascinating. I think sociology could help me regardless. However, I'm not sure what to do. Should I major in biology and business or should I just major in biology and sociology? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Major in whatever you're interested in, the best business education will come on the job.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely, major in what you are interested in because you will be more engaged and will probably find it easier to get higher grades, which will help you get into dental school. Dentists work closely with people so sociology could be a really good choice. I got a minor in business to get some basics, you might want to look into something like that if you want some background. I have managed a small business before and still found classes like Accounting, Finance, and Business Information Systems valuable. You will learn the bulk of what you need on the job, however.

Buissness degree with a Biochem minor is best, the double major will give u no advantage, a high gpa will.